Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

3mmy1115

Lairian
Hello I just got my first male sphynx yesterday! He's a year and half and not fixed yet. He's very sweet and doesn't hiss my other cats are still slightly unsure but trying to get used to him. He's been home for almost a whole day and still hasn't eaten yet. He's still really scared. I was able to cuddle him in a blanket and when I woke up he just seems very untrusting and I understand. What are some tips to get my boy feeling welcome comfortable and eating?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@3mmy1115 , welcome to the lair family - what's your boys name ? Is thst him in your avatar pic?
Adorable!

I have 4 adult adoptees -
I went very slow with introductions.
I set up a "kitty safe room" actually my spare bathroom
I even dragged in a cat tree .
My one boy didn't eat for days -
He just took a little longer to open up
Now he is a chatter bug!

I use the same food amd litter as previous home .

I do slow introductions sneak n peeks theu the door
I use a cat dancer toy out under the door so kitties on both sides can play

Cross scenting a hand towel and putting by each kitties area can help

I rotate free roaming so each gets to explore each other's area on their own .

I build up at their comfort level to playimg with two Dabird toys held in each hand .
My ome boy stayed in his "safe room" for a week before he would co,e out to peek and explore -
That was okay - jaunt let him adjust at his comfort level

Now they are all snuggly cuddle bugs together

There are some great threads on intros

Introducing a new adult sphynx cat or sphynx kitten into the home

Be sure to check the bottom of threads for "similar threads"
Amd the top roght search box on the home page is great for specifics too

Keep us updated often

Happy Gotcha!

Look forward to pics of all paws family members

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair! And congratulations with your boy. It will take some time before he feels at home. Best is to make sure he has a place he can go to when he wants to be alone. Can be on top of a cattree (my girl owned that space when she came to live with me and my boys) or a seperate room. Go to him to pet him and talk to him. If he likes to play you can play together with him (feather toy, laserlight).

Hope he feels at home soon!

3mmy1115

Lairian
His name is Mojo!! Thank you guys he's my angel <3

Attachments

• 20180421_152453.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 23
  • 20180420_225640.jpg
    20180420_225640.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 20180420_185830.jpg
    20180420_185830.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 61

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Omg he has the cutest face ever. Those jowls are to die for! And I love his name I'm so happy he found you

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello I just got my first male sphynx yesterday! He's a year and half and not fixed yet. He's very sweet and doesn't hiss my other cats are still slightly unsure but trying to get used to him. He's been home for almost a whole day and still hasn't eaten yet. He's still really scared. I was able to cuddle him in a blanket and when I woke up he just seems very untrusting and I understand. What are some tips to get my boy feeling welcome comfortable and eating?
Hi there be patient with him everything is new to him and he as so much to get used to , you just need to give him as many cuddles as he allows stroke him while he eats , I’m sure our members will have much better tips than me , when mr Bagins came home my Cleo was very gentle with him from day one it was mr Bagins who took some persuading
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@3mmy1115 Gosh what a cutie. He has such a tough guy face. Congrats on the new addition. How is everything progressing? I have don lots of cat intros as I work with rescues a fair amount. I agree that having a safe room is a good idea. I know for humans being confined to a small area seems like punishment, but for a nervous kitty it can be a sanctuary. I keep my foster cats confined to the bathroom for a minimum of 3 days and after that I still put them in while out of the house until I’m content that all the cats in the house feel good in their environment and with each other. Sometimes I have had cats that integrate in a week and others that take longer. Good luck! Keep us updated. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Omg he is so handsome and that face . I would melt. Congrats . And he will feel like home soon he just needs time.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Back