Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I love my diaper genie!

tessblack

Banned
I was having the issue of bags of poop stinking up the garbage and garage. Even when I would take it outside then the garbage can would stink. I was going to buy a litter locker but did not seem like it would work for me because of the amount that they go. I scoop three times a day but it is still a lot each time. So I bought a diaper genie, put a odor absorber in the pail and baking soda in the bag, when I start. I just use the dog poop pick up bags and then throw them in the diaper genie. It keeps the smell away and now I don't have to run out each time to throw it in the garbage, just change the bag every garbage day. I have left it for a week and it was still fine so I am very happy. This has saved my garage and I am sure the garbage man is much happier too!

tess

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's so cool! We just bought one for an expecting mother in our family. I never even thought about having one for our kitties.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I thought about getting the diaper genie before I knew about the litter locker. The only thing that held me back was a memory I had when babysitting when I was younger. I could not figure out how to make it work for the life of me. I swear I spent an hour after the baby went to sleep trying to figure it out with no luck:LOL:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My parents saved theirs from when my younger brother and sister were little. They keep it in the garage and put the doggie bags in it after walking the dogs. It's definitely a great use for it and it doesn't smell up the garage at all. I use a litter locker- I'd be lost without it! Both work great and do the same thing essentially! :ThumbsUp:

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Have a Diaper Champ that I bought just for my kitties. It's similar to the Genie but you can use regular bags. I usually slip a Bounce sheet in the bottom when I change the bag every few days. It has made a big difference in our house. Glad to know I'm not alone in my quest! :LOL:

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
Is a diaper genie just like a litter locker but bigger?

Tess...I am going to have to investigate this! :) Might be just what we need as my tiniest dogs use puppy pads so I am constantly battling the fight against poop.

tessblack

Banned
It is different from the locker in the way that it does not twist each deposit separately. The reason I did not buy the litter locker is a friend of mine had it and it filled up so quickly. My cats poop and pee alot so I scoop it into a dog poop bag and then in the genie. After about a week I change the bag. I you you tube diaper genie it will probably have a video to show you how it works. Also the diaper genie refills are cheaper and you don't use that much.

Back