Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I need help with breeders

Maddie Anderson

Lairian
I'm on my second go around with a breeder that is probably fake, If anyone can help ? send me contacts? Please

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Where are you located? FL?

We can't post breeders names here but someone local could private message you a recommendation if we know where you are.

Try searching for sphynx breeder <state name> on google, see which breeders sites come up. Search for reviews and really investigate them. Avoid sites like Craigslist unless it looks VERY legit upon closer scrutiny. The best breeders I know operate a wait list and don't need to advertise on Craigslist. Often the folks selling there aren't serious breeders. Not always the case of course but just my experience.

I saw you mention in another thread about the cat living in a dorm. Good breeders will ask this kind of thing in a questionnaire and may have a problem with this. They want to make sure kitty has enough space and attention. Worth being prepared.

celsei

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
If the price is too good to be true, the breeder is likely fake. Make sure they're okay with letting you visit the kitten before buying as is custom and showing any medical/vaccination papers, etc. Probably seeing if they'll let you visit is the easiest way, no legit breeder will refuse that.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Go with your gut
As mentioned please please read this link
How to Detect fraud sphynx cat adoption ads

What part of Florida ?

Perhaps members can PM you with reputable breeder recommemdations for the Florida Georgia area?

To be honest , I am familiar with pet rules for dorms or how to secure a kitty from theft in a dorm? Something to look into perhaps members have suggestions

I adopted a kitty from a Florida ad -years ago I defintely say go with your gut
This one I adopted duped someone later on in the Gainesville area backing out etc running the same ad and story ..

I am glad you are reaching out to us
You have a great family too :)
The right kitty will find you

You can PM an ad anytime so we can give a peek for any scam red flags

If you think it is fake - it probably is

Last edited: