Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I think I have a cattery name now

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
A few breeders on fb gave me suggestions and a name came up that would work that I really like.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
M2m that is awesome! I like all the names you have come up with for your kitties. I want to know what it is so bad but I assume if you could share it you would've posted it. Is there a process for securing the name first? You must be so excited! :ThumbsUp:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well if I share it here many people see this site and may steal it.
It has to do with sphynx and I will give it out in private on fb or my email.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes I can and it is $50 to register it.
Now how much will it be to add it to my cats names?

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

That is not bad at all.
I sent Polars reg to CFA yesterday and it is now $40 to register a cat with CFA.
I do not have a CFA show until so Polar will be almost 1 when he gets his Winners Ribbons.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I love your creativity when it comes to names. I'm looking forward to the day when you can post what you've picked for your cattery name.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
WOW! FORTY DOLLARS to register your cat??? OMFG- they better have the paperwork back to you within 48 hours, with a voucher to your favorite restaurant and a bottle of wine! That's insane!

I had thought of having my Mom co-register her Sphynxes into CFA, but not at $120 just to register them! Plus, she'd have to re-register her cattery name. Craziness.

Bella07

Banned
I am sure the cattery name is fabulous! Can't wait to hear what it is when you are officially registered. I am always dreaming and if I ever do get to have my own cattery with one of my fav. breeds, I already have what it would be called picked out. I love the name!

M2m--At what point in the future do you think you will begin breeding your first Sphynx litter? That must be so exciting, especially with a new cattery name on the way!

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Here's a tip I have... IF you have a cattery name that is special to you and you think one day, you will jump into breeding- REGISTER it.

You don't need to pay annual fees, you don't need to do much- but I'd register the name and start using it, myself. Like when you bring home a new baby, you can add 'of so-and-so' even if you aren't breeding yet.

Bella07

Banned
Here's a tip I have... IF you have a cattery name that is special to you and you think one day, you will jump into breeding- REGISTER it.

Oh my gosh, that is a brilliant idea! I should definitely do that, because I adore my name, and would hate if someone took it.

I do have a question....The breed that I dream of showing and breeding in the future is the Exotic. Most breeders that I have contacted are all registered with the CFA.

If I do decide to register now, should I register only with the CFA? Or should I register with the TICA as well, so that I can be assured that my cattery name will not be used by another person?

And I would like to show a Sphynx in premiership/alter class in the future as well, just for fun!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Register in both.
It is better that way.
It will take at least 10 days to get Polars reg back from CFA.
It used to cost $25.00
TICA is cheaper.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nope that is not bad.
I was surprised that it is $40 to register a cat now.
They also raised the rate for titles.

firehillqueen

Banned
I was checking out reg the name I like for my cattery. I have used the same name for horses, my art, but its one of the taken names on TICA. So I am going back to the thinking cap for another. Be sure to go to the site and check out what names are already in use.

Back