Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I Think We Should Have A Baby Shower

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh great Idea!! A surprise? But now she can read the posts? :LOL: Love it what a great idea Susi!!:ThumbsUp:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Well we would need her address so A surprise would be hard, it was just A thought that crossed my mind! It is A great idea Susi has and since she was the first to say I am putting her in charge of this. I know she will do A great job! Heck I bet if she lived close to Sam she would offer to baby sit! :ThumbsUp:

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well we would need her address so A surprise would be hard, it was just A thought that crossed my mind! It is A great idea Susi has and since she was the first to say I am putting her in charge of this. I know she will do A great job! Heck I bet if she lived close to Sam she would offer to baby sit! :ThumbsUp:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

susi794

Staff member
She would indeed! I will ask Sam for her address--and maybe she would post some wish list items--is there anyplace you can register online for baby stuff that will ship it for you? I don't have babies of the human kind, so I don't have a clue. She isn't very far along yet, how long should we wait? She posted that on her next ultrasound she'll be --I think she said-- 16 weeks. And that she doesn't want to know the sex of the child--but that at 16 weeks we might be able to tell anyway. LOL
So, not sure how to do this--anybody have any ideas? Should anyone that wants to send a gift, send something and ask her to wait to open them on a certain date like we did with the Secret Santa stuff? Or just have them come at different times, so she gets a new surprise for several days?
Do we have chatroom capabilities? We could send out an online invitation and then all get on at the same time and chat with her as she opened the gifts....what other ideas can we come up with?

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm pretty sure one can set up a wish list with amazon that allows you to purchase things to be shipped to a person with out exposing the address even-- whoever is organizing might want to check that out

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh, I didn't know! Happened while I was gone! Baby shower is an excellent idea Susi!. Usually wait until 6-8 months to hold one. If they have a Babies R' Us online registration she could fill that out and that would help. Not sure if they ship to UK. If there is someplace over there that we could access online that would be even better. More expensive but not when you factor the shipping from USA.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Ok Susi it looks like Mug-ys mumma would be the best help because she lives in the uk also.
6-8 months is best so we have some time:ThumbsUp:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm quite happy to help, and have been spending a lot of time on baby sites at the moment since my best mate had her baby :BigSmile:

X

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ok, I will have a look at sites and see what I can find...if I can get Sam's address I will PM it to everyone who wants to be involved. If you do want to be involved could I ask that you PM me to let me know.

Sam if you read this can you let us know what sort of things you want/need etc please?

At least there's plenty of time to organise it! I think we should aim for end of July/beginning of August.

X

Back