Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I thought I was confused before, many threads later, I am upside down!

AthenaAura

Lairian
My word, y'all are fun! Informative too! I have been reading back threads for quite sometime.
I was reading the thread about Meecho, the Sphynx/Peterbald discussion.
There was a run down of the types of coats.....ok here is my back story...

We took in a rescue. We were told she was a hairless, to us that meant Sphynx (we were naive at the time). So did some research and cared for her the way you care for a Sphynx. She had some patches with hair, they would grow in the cooler weather, shed in the warmer. Even our vet assumed she was a Sphnyx. After she passed away, someone mentioned "Oh she was a beautiful Cornish Rex." ???????????? A who? A what???????????? After some reasearch I found out some CR are very curly and some are very hairless due to gene defect. Well after reading the thread about the coat, I am confused again. If I post a few pictures do you think we could settle this once and for all? She passed on sometime ago but its still important for me to know.

This is from the day she came home
2w564w2.jpg
[/IMG]

2uzfo1u.jpg
[/IMG]

And this is from closer to her passing
2qlwchg.jpg
[/IMG]

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She does look like she had Rex in here.
Sorry you lost her.
I love the Cornish Rex.
They feel like velvet.
One of my friends breeds Cornies and I see them at the shows all the time.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am by far not an expert and I could be completly wrong but she does look like a cornish rex.

She looks like a sweet girl! Sorry she passed!!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Sorry to hear she passed. She was very pretty. I'm not an expert either but she looks more like CR to me than Sphynx, her facial features are a little different from a Sphynx.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She kind of looks like she could be a Peterbald/ cross. She has a longish face and really long whiskers. Don't they lose their hair as they get older?

AthenaAura

Lairian
Thank you all for the kind words! I was pretty faithful she was a Cornish, when I sought out a kitten when I was ready, I went for the CR. It was just after that thread about all the coat variations of the Sphynx, curiosity got the best of me so I had to ask. Thanks for humoring me!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She was beautiful- I'm sorry she's passed. She looks incredibly soft and like crushed velvet.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ohhh she's beautiful! I'm so sorry for your loss :Cry: I'm no help with the CR thing but wanted to tell you how pretty she was. I love her eyes! She looks soooo soft, too. Pretty girl!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I agree she appears to have rex features. Sorry for your loss, and welcome to Sphynxlair!:Laugh:

dragynflye

Lairian
i'm sorry for your loss. she was a beautiful girl. *hugs*

i agree that she looks like she might have been a cornish rex. she seems to have had the longer face of a cornish rex. i suppose she could have been a mix. seems to me that a lot of sphynx people are also rex people, and since she was a rescue, she could have come from a less than careful "breeder".

AthenaAura

Lairian
dragyn,
yeah i found that too, many when i first did my research i found many breeder sites that did both. she doesn't look like a devon but i hear sphynx's are crossed with devons.

Back