Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I wanna nail this person to a pole!

GioThermal

Lairian
Cat found nailed to polewwq dies -- WQAD
This happened in a town VERY close to me. I AM FURIOUS!

GENESEO, Ill. - A striped male shorthaired cat that was found nailed to a pole Monday has died, Henry County Humane Society officials said Thursday.

The cat became the subject of national and even international attention after Andrea Bristol spotted the cat while driving home from work. It's paw had been nailed to the pole and blood was visible a day later.

"It made me sick to my stomach," she recalled. "I immediately got very upset. I couldn't believe that someone would do such a thing."

Bristol stepped into action by calling authorities and rescuing the cat.

"It hardly moved at all," she said. "It was in really rough shape. It looked like its head had been beaten up before it got nailed to the pole. It was hardly breathing, hardly moving at all."

While the cat was treated by Atkinson veterinarian Dr. Dana MIller, Henry County Crime Stoppers offered a reward for information about this animal cruelty case. The national PETA office also contributed $2,500 to the reward money.

susi794

Staff member
Ooooh, that special place in Hell reserved for monsters has been getting LOTS of reservations lately!:Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry::Angry:

GioThermal

Lairian
I am trying to stay positive that they will find the ^%*&^% that did that to that poor cat. They said the person beat the cat unconscious and then nailed one if it's front paws to a telephone pole. The poor cat died today. Breaks my heart. :Cry:

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
What the HELL are people thinking when they do these horrible acts on animals??!! I hope that they catch this person and give them a taste of their own medicine. I agree with Susi about the "special place"!!

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
OMG yes i saw this on the news and i thought about posting it here but i wasnt sure but i thought someone lived near this place.

i my half brother who is in his 50s, i met one of his old classmates by chance on FB and he did stuff like this! (my parents never told us and still deny it) I can tell you the person who did this has deep mental issues and needs to be found and kept behind bars for as long as possible and filled with pills (or let gen pop get to him). its slowed my half brother down so he wont be a problem for anyone.

GioThermal

Lairian
You know the cat had to of put up a good fight. I'm so upset about this that I check peoples arms in public to see if they have cat scratches. You better believe if I find out who this person is I'm going to stick a rabid raccoon in their house while they are sleeping and let it have at em. People here are SO UPSET! Geneseo isn't even 15 minutes from my house... the town is VERY small so I am hoping that someone knows something. With the media attention you know that person has to brag to someone about what they did. :Angry:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Butterball said he's going to find whoever did this and crap right in the person's face and then bite their hand off and scratch a big B on their forehead so they have to walk around with a big crap stained B on their face.

I don't mean to make light of the situation but that's what I'd do if I could. Humiliate the person to no end.

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Butterball said he's going to find whoever did this and crap right in the person's face and then bite their hand off and scratch a big B on their forehead so they have to walk around with a big crap stained B on their face.

I don't mean to make light of the situation but that's what I'd do if I could. Humiliate the person to no end.

I like the way Butterball thinks! Then he would get a infection and his face would swell up and peel off!:ThumbsUp::Angry::Angry:

Lulu Bird

Lairian
This makes me sad and furious. That poor cat... what he must have gone through, the terror and the pain... makes me feel ill.

You guys are all right, the person who did this must be seriously ill. I would be worried that this person would end up hurting not only more pets but humans as well.

Please keep us updated on this story and let us know if they find the person who did this.

:Cry:

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Some people are so sick!!!!!

That poor kitty!!:Cry::Cry: Sad part is I bet if he is found he wont get any time in jail just a fine:Angry::Angry: But indeed someone should find him and nail his butt to the pole for sure!!!!!:Angry:

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
As much as I'd like to have bad things happen to a person who did something like that...

People who torture animals and leave them 'on display' are at the very least deeply disturbed -- retribution/censure wouldn't curb them or serve as an example to others so inclined.

they need to find this person, and treat/lock them up before their behavior escalates to people.

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
True Fester, Ive seen escalation in person. And its scary.

In jax (where i live) you can get jail time for animal cruelty. This is a very animal loving city.

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Cry::Cry::Cry: Poor baby

Here in KY animal cruelty is NOT a felony. It blows my mind that these sickos can get away with a slap on the wrist.:Furious:

Recently close to me someone broke into the HS shelter and locked a boxer in a room with loose kittens. It was horrific!:Angry:

I belong to a group in KY who tries to get the word out to call legislators and show up at rallies to protect our companions! Someday soon we hope to open some eyes and get animal cruelty to carry heavier penalties

ckutkuhn7

Banned
That makes no sense...are you sure they do this?? Why would they cause a problem and then give their money away for capture of one of their own people? I'm confused.:Dizzy:

Last edited by a moderator:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I personally would like to bash that person's head in with a baseball bat. I think the ancient Egyptians had it right....if someone killed a cat, they got killed in return. In a lot of ways, the Egyptians were a much more advanced civilization than we are today.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG that pisses me off. . . makes me so sick. :Cry: This is the first I've heard about this. God, I hope they find the creep. :Angry: I forget how long ago this was, but I read in the newspaper about how some young kid (I'm thinking 10 or 11?) set a dog and a cat on fire. . . The poor dog did not survive, but the cat did. They showed pictures of the cat in its recovery stage and it was so, so sad. Thankfully someone took the cat into their care to show it a better life. . .

susi794

Staff member
He's already got space booked in that special place in Hell reserved for the cruel hearted, where, if there is any justice in this life, there is a pole and some nails waiting for him to receive in kind what he did to the cat.

Back