Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I want to cry

CoolSphynx

Lairian
Can I vent? I'm so tired. One of the kitties--probably Dobby--broke into the pantry and tore open a new bag of skinny ricki's fatty prescription food last night. All 4 kitties went to town and I woke up around midnight to a horrible odor. The 3 longhair cats had loose stools and icky paws and fur. Spent to last 4 hours bathing, drying, and sanitizing . I need to leave for work in 4o minutes. Oh man and is it really only Monday? Fortunately My BF will be home to watch everyone during the day a keep the kitties hydrated.

Sleepily yours,
Shana and team poo

Last edited:

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sorry you are having such a bad start to your week. Hoping and prayin gfor the rest to be much better for you and the kitty's..

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh no what a start to your day. At least you were up in good time! If that was me I'd of been late for work coz I just can't get up in the morning!

PitRottMommy

Banned
I'd have very simply called in with the same symptoms the cats were having and slept in after getting everyone cleaned.

I feel for you. I get to do exactly what you did this AM quite a bit in my career. It's the not-so-pretty part ;)

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yikes, Coolsphynx, what a way to start the week! Glad to hear that all of your babies are now cleaned up and feeling better; also, that your BF will take over cat-care duties for the day so you can have a break. Hope the rest of your week goes better!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh that really stinks. I hope the kitties feel better soon. Good thing your bf will be able to keep an eye on them. I hope your day and week get better!

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have been there and done that with only 1 cat - I can't imagine 4! Honest, later you will laugh about this!

susi794

Staff member
What a lovely thing to wake up to....I would've started bawling then and there....I'dve cleaned it up, but not before I threw a giant "Pity Party" for myself.

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Can I vent? I'm so tired. One of the kitties--probably Dobby--broke into the pantry and tore open a new bag of skinny ricki's fatty prescription food last night. All 4 kitties went to town and I woke up around midnight to a horrible odor. The 3 longhair cats had loose stools and icky paws and fur. Spent to last 4 hours bathing, drying, and sanitizing . I need to leave for work in 4o minutes. Oh man and is it really only Monday? Fortunately My BF will be home to watch everyone during the day a keep the kitties hydrated.

Sleepily yours,
Shana and team poo

OMG! What a nightmare! Almost literally since it was at night... Get some good sleep tonight.

CoolSphynx

Lairian
Thanks so much!! You guys rock -- sphynx solidarity!!

I was a zombie at work but got through and slept like a rock yesterday.... All the kitties tummies are back to normal. Dobby has no remorse for leading the furladies into temptation. The BF lost some points for complaining about the kitties -- c'mon, it so wasn't their fault & we're SO lucky they didn't break into something more dangerous like chocolate **shudder** From now on, all cat food in tear-able packaging goes straight into airtight storage containers and I put in child latches on the pantry.

I've always had tremendous sympathy for pet parents and vet techs who have to deal with poo-woes on a regular basis. But one wild night in your shoes with 4 kitties has magnified that a thousandfold.

Thanks again!!!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If its any concelation, Mo just came out of his litter box which poo on his head! I have no idea how it got there but it was'nt pretty. Its nothing compared to what you had to deal with but we can laugh about it! Can't we??!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If its any concelation, Mo just came out of his litter box which poo on his head! I have no idea how it got there but it was'nt pretty. Its nothing compared to what you had to deal with but we can laugh about it! Can't we??!!

Poo on his head??! I think I would have died laughing if I'd seen that! :Hysterical: Sphynx cats are really silly at times.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sophie is turning out to be a messy girl. Most times she comes downstairs after going up to her litterbox and has at least a piece of litter stuck to her nose. Also when she eats wet food it gets smeared halfway up her nose. She seems to take her time cleaning it off if I usually wipe her down first.

Back