Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I would kill for some sleep

Brooke

Banned
Kalliee, that's hilarious. Walter also thinks bed time is play time, and any part of me that moves under the covers gets attacked!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Nice vid Kalliee,
We have had some sleepless nights also!!!!:tinysmile_cry_t4:
love the videos guys keep em coming!!
here you go, enjoy!:tinysmile_sleep_t:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am lucky I guess, as soon as I say either "Time For bed" or "Want to Take a Nap" everyone runs into the bedroom & jumps in bed. Kramer just snuggles right up next to me or one of the dogs & goes to sleep.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hahahhaha, that's funny. ButterBall likes to play at 4 AM. He ususally gives up and just lays on my face.

Brooke

Banned
You know what's funny? I wouldn't tolerate anyone messing with me while I was trying to sleep, but for some reason, I let the cat get away with it with no problems!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Yeh your good there is no way I am filming anything at 2:40am I don't care how cute it is:tinysmile_fatgrin_t.

Moonstone

Lairian
I don't know how you support this....

I hate that something or someone wakes up me at night. My bedroom is closed except when one is ill or need to be apart from the other for pregnancy or other...

And I assure you it's a nightmare for me...
they always moove, they walk on my head...
even with my children when they was young it was a nightmare...

I really don't support...

:tinysmile_angry_t:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
As much as it kills me, you get used to only a couple hours of sleep :tinysmile_fatgrin_t When I first got her it was really bad and I would go to work bloated and saggy eyed and would actually cry sitting in traffic because I was sooooo tired. Now I'm actually getting used to her running back and forth on top of me, but that night she was in a mood! She had been doing that since about 7:30pm and she was still raring to go. Funny thing is I took some vacation time so I was off the next day and didn't let her sleep at all! If I saw her eyes even blink longer then a minute I was waking her up, by 7pm she was so sleepy I felt guilty so I let her sleep. When I got ready for bed at 9pm I slowly turned off the lights and tv and held my breath and after a minute she was still snoring under the blankets. I went to sleep with a HUGE smile on my face. That lasted until 12:30am when she woke up :tinysmile_twink_t:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Piglet is usually really good about going right to sleep with me when it's bedtime. However, this weekend she and I spent a couple of nights with my fiance in his house, so she was SO restless! She kept meowing and going around in circles on the bed, as if she was confused about this new "sleeping arrangement". She was driving me and my guy nuts there for awhile! Fortunately, she finally calmed down and curled up next to my fiance...she looked so precious sleeping next to him!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I firmly believe that anyone who doesn't like sphynx's will be hooked after just one night with a purring hot water bottle cuddle next to them. Nothing will warm your heart faster.

Brooke

Banned
I agree, Kalliee - I've had friends come to visit who said they were repulsed by my cat at first and by the time they left, they were in love!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Our cats seem to like bed time as much as we do and when I shut the tv and all the lights the run up the steps to the bedroom and under the covers they go! Every once in A while one of them wants to play or they fight over who will sleep where, but all in all they are very good at bed time! Thenk goodness:tinysmile_grin_t:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
your fiance did'nt say anything ? well, it's good ! He loves Piglet now ?

LOL, Moonstone! I wouldn't go so far as to say that he loves her now, but he IS tolerating her more. When he was recovering from some minor surgery last weekend, he actually allowed her to sit next to him on the sofa. And he picked her up to carry her out of the garage one day because he didn't want her to get hurt (he wouldn't even touch her before then!). I think he's s-l-o-w-l-y coming around to liking her. :tinysmile_shy_t:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Good at bed time? you mean when were trying to sleep at 2:00 am? growling? scratching? are we in the same bed?
hmmm, really, ilovemysphynx.....:tinysmile_eyebrow_t

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Speaking of guests. I just got a nice comfy recliner delivered. ButterBall was up to his usual antics of getting in the way. He scared one of the delivery guys. He didn't know what ButterBall was at first. I told him and tried to get him to touch ButterBall but he wouldn't. I think it kinda freaked him out.

That reminds me of when I got ButterBall. I had seen hundreds of pictures and videos but nothing can prepare you for the first time you see one live right in front of you. It's a weird mixture of endearment and wonder.

Brooke

Banned
ElGatoLoco, that is so true! I remember when I first brought Harold home, he was standing on my lap and I was amazed at how smooth his butt was!! haha

I love when people come over and see my cat for the first time. The cable guy took to Walter right away, the pizza delivery guy said he "made his day", but the pest control guy didn't want anything to do with him!!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have had a few delivery people ask if they could take a picture of Kramer! Once they see how out going he is they are always like he is so cool.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
LOL I remember I had some door to door saleman come to the door and when he saw Meecho is jumped back and said "wow...that's ummmm some cat" he kept staring at her and I think he was just praying I would tell him no thank you quickly so he could run off. When he went down the driveway he kept looking back thinking she was coming after him. Probably didn't help that I picked her up and made her paw wave bye bye. :tinysmile_tongue_t:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Yes Admin we are in the same bed, I said they like bedtime and to go upstairs! I didn't say that they sleep all night! ( wow thats weird I am conversing with my husband through his website):tinysmile_kiss_t: Any way what do the rest of you think, for about A week now Athena has been A bear to sleep with growling, slapping , she even bit me last night? I think she thinks my hand was Leo trying to steel her spot. I also am thinking she is pregnant? but every time I think that I am wrong! During the day she is fine alot more loving. She was needing on my shirt the last few nights while I was on the couch and really just extra loving but poor Leo is getting smacked all the time and she really wants her space when she is sleeping!

Back