Iaguito | Sphynxlair

Iaguito

Discussion in 'In loving memory of...' started by Fountainrunner, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Fountainrunner

FountainrunnerLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $377.55
    Ratings:
    +16
    First, I want to say it's been a long time since I've posted and I'm sad that my reason for coming back is to report bad news. A month ago, I lost my kitty Iaguito. He was having explosive diarrhea and I took him to the vet and they said he was fine. The explosive diarrhea continued and the vet put him on meds and told me to put him on a laxative too. I noticed he wasn't eating and losing weight, and the explosive diarrhea returned after a week. I changed his food back to his favorite brand and put him back on the meds, but nothing changed. I planned to take him back to the vet the next morning. That night, I played with him and he was very quiet - didn't even bother to purr, which was unusual for him. Anyway, I went to bed and a bad feeling woke me up in the middle of the night. Something told me to go check on him and when I went to wake him up he didn't respond. He felt cold and hard. I knew he was gone.

Needless to say, I'm devasted and blame myself. I've gone through 101 things I could have done better. Taken him back to the vet sooner, gave him more meds, insisted there was something very wrong. Loved him more. Spent more time with him. A part of me feels responsible for his death. I just feel so guilty despite friends and family telling me I was good to him. I know I wasn't the best owner but I really tried my best.

A few weeks after his death, I went to drink the water in my place and became very ill. I had bad diarrhea and stomach pain. My symptoms were similar to those of my kitty. Out of curiousity, I went to Google the water quality of my area and our water is ranked poorly and said to be contaminated. I never really drank the water but I was really thirsty and didn't have anything else to drink in the house, so I drank it. It's the same water I'd given to my kitty for the past 3 months. I can't be 100% sure. I haven't drank it again since I got sick, but it makes me angry to think I gave that water to my kitty and it may have killed him.

I wish I knew why he passed. I declined having an autopsy though. I didn't want him cut up and probed. He was only 8 years old, turning 9 in June. Not in the best health, but not the worst either. And it happened so quickly.

• Hugs Hugs x 5

• Yoda mom

Yoda momModerator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
      $84,919.00
      Ratings:
      +9,620
      • Red Sphynx
      • Pink Sphynx
      • Black Sphynx
      @Fountainrunner , oh sweetie , teary eyed here reading of your sweet Iaguito getting his angel wings ...
      So so sorry for your loss ...
      He knows you love him dearly
      Hold tight to the best of memories and may those times fill your heart .

We are here for you .. Comforting ((((hugs ))))

"Replied the glorious cat
      For I will whisper into their hearts
      That I am always with them
      I just am....forever and ever and ever. "
      -from poem for cats

image.jpeg image.jpeg

• JSal

JSalLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
      $4,082.63
      Ratings:
      +364
      • Cow
      • butterfly 4
      Awe @Fountainrunner please don't blame yourself. You were loving Iaguito, taking him to the vet, doing everything you could. I recently lost my Sphynx, Dodi and guilt and anger are part of the grieving process. It is so so hard. Hugs.

• Hugs Hugs x 1
      • Catzzzmeow

CatzzzmeowModerator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
        $419,459.58
        Ratings:
        +31,665
        • Scary sphynx
        I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Keep the best memories closest to your heart.

• Toa and Ross

Toa and RossGold Lairian Notable Member

Sphynx Bucks:
        $189,630.71
        Ratings:
        +16,540
        @Fountainrunner so very sorry for the loss of your Laguito. My heart breaks for you. Please listen to your friends and family and try to let go of the guilt feeling. You did everything you could at that moment. You loved him beyond and he felt your love all the time. Big hugs for you
        And how awful to hear about the water quality at your place.