Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ideal companion the Sphynx.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Very informative but I didn't agree with the vocal thing. I would kill for a couple minutes of quiet :Laugh: Meecho is non stop meowing which actually doesn't bother me...it's the whining that gets under my skin and for the past two to three weeks she has been in a very whiney mood, so as you can guess my nerves are a little on edge. :Sweat: Also cleaning their ears only 10-14 days...jeeze Meecho would have things living in there if I did that :LOL:

Brooke

Banned
Very informative but I didn't agree with the vocal thing. I would kill for a couple minutes of quiet :Laugh: Meecho is non stop meowing which actually doesn't bother me...it's the whining that gets under my skin and for the past two to three weeks she has been in a very whiney mood, so as you can guess my nerves are a little on edge. :Sweat: Also cleaning their ears only 10-14 days...jeeze Meecho would have things living in there if I did that :LOL:

Exactly!! If Walter goes more than 2 minutes without meowing, I go looking to see what trouble he's getting himself into. When I first got him, I thought he was just crying a lot because he was in a new home, but no. It's been 3 months and he's still screaming at me non-stop.

Especially when I get home from work and he's been alone all day. He meows at me for an hour really loud and he sounds so frustrated, like he's yelling at me. Sometimes I pretend he's telling me really important things, like that he just figured out the cure for cancer or that he knows how to solve the economic crisis...I'm used to all the noise now, and I would miss it if he didn't do it anymore.

He meowed no less than 20 times while I typed this.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I too talk back to ours like they just told me something very important? HMM I never noticed I did that untill just now:Laugh:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I do the same thing. I think I have more conversations with Meecho then I do with anyone else. I've come to expect noise from her 24/7. If she isn't meowing she's whining, if she isn't whining she's purring, if she's not purring she's snoring cause she's asleep. I used to need the tv on to sleep and since getting her I can't stand to have it because she starts to get louder like she has to beat the volumn. :Laugh:

Brooke

Banned
I do the same thing. I think I have more conversations with Meecho then I do with anyone else. I've come to expect noise from her 24/7. If she isn't meowing she's whining, if she isn't whining she's purring, if she's not purring she's snoring cause she's asleep. I used to need the tv on to sleep and since getting her I can't stand to have it because she starts to get louder like she has to beat the volumn. :Laugh:

Can you imagine if we got all our cats in one room? We'd have to wear ear plugs. We'd probably have the cops called on us because of all the noise!! :LOL:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Kallie, could it be that Meecho is more vocal because she is a Peterbald? Peterbald cats are out-bred to Siamese and Oriental cats, who are reknown for being extremely vocal. I should know....I live with two very vocal Siamese cats! Piglet has her vocal moments, but she is much quieter than my two Siamese. :Smile:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I think that might be it. It was something I thought about when I was researching her. I know even though Midnight was a black cat, you could definately see some siamese in him which is why he talked so much as well. Our other cat Tigger which is just a domestic tabby hardly ever makes any noise. She doesn't even know how to meow. She makes these weird chirping barks. :Laugh:

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Both of my Sphynx are talkers - Especially Oogie! Every morning him and I have a discussion before I get up LOL Haley always has something to say also, especially if her food dish is empty - boy to I head about that horrible sin!

Back