Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ideas

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
There are HCM everywhere but the % of cats that has it is much lower in the countries that do apply effective control of the breeding.
And it is very true that being HCM free one year is no guarantee that you will the next. That's why you backlog. If a cat shows up with HCM you deny it's lineage breeding rights backwards and forward. It might mean that a cat that is in breeding will have to be taken out when it's parents or kittens develop HCM years ahead in time just to be sure.
It takes control though and effective registration by a neutral party because some breeders will not wanna retire expensive breeding cats without absolutelly having to.
I mean come on. I read about someone here that lost like 6! cats to HCM, that is just absurd and so tragic it can't be put in words both for that owner and ofc the cats themselves.

Again, HCM needs to be researched for a cure but it is also a dicease that can be limited very much and who knows, what if there will be no cure? We're just gonna keep on breeding cats like nothing is happening because noone is to tell anyone how to run their businesses? It's not enough that many do their job well when many obviously don't and also the information about affected lineages is just not there to be found even for the serious ones without strict registrations.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Edited because it is pointless...

TICA does not make enough money to enforce breed specific testing. Maybe some countries charge more for their registries. $50 for a cattery name and then $10 for a litter registration does not create a booming business.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Ok, so tell me if this is dumb! I was thinking of bake sales and car washes for HCM (obviously impossible with how far apart most of us are) but figured we could all brainstorm! Any ideas?

Just a thought - If you could produce "iron on's" or "clothing patches" of your Logo Snuffie's Fashions be more then willing to invest in them and my customers could buy their "Custom fit" clothes with these patches on them. If we could find a way to make it affordable I'm sure it would be successful for everyone. :ThumbsUp:

Back