Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I'm completely new to sphynx ownership and have tons of questions!!!

Hbomb77

Lairian
Hi everyone!,

My name is Heather and I just got my first sphynx. His name is Thales and I have had him for a month. He's 5 1/2 months old now. He is the best cat I have ever had!! I

have two standard house cats and although I love them very much, I have always wanted a sphynx and now know exactly why!! He is soooo cuddly and sweet, but since he's still a kitten he is still rambunctious and playful as ever when the mood strikes.

I have bought tons of little sweaters for him, but since they are made for dogs, they don't fit as nice as I would like...Does anyone know of any great websites to look for better fitted sweaters?

I am so excited to be a new member of this site and can't wait to read on and post on!

gizmo6370

Banned
Welcome Heather....great looking kitty in your avatar pic....do you have more pics ? We just love to see pics :BigSmile:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair! Your sphynx is a little cutie:BigSmile: There is a lady who makes custom sphynx sweaters on the lair and if you look up "Pretty Kitty" on hear you should find her. Can't wait to hear more about your little guy and see more pics!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to Sphynx Lair. Thales is very handsome. Pretty Kitty makes gorgeous sweaters.

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Very cute little wrinkle head. Welcome.
Don't forget to look at our member's mall for clothes.

Hbomb77

Lairian
Thanks so much for the replies! I will be sure to check out the clothes at those places!

Here are some other pics of him!

Oh, and I forgot to write out his name phoenetically...it is pronounced a bit differently than it reads. It's Thales (pronounced Thay-Lees). It's an ancient Greek philosopher's name. I just finished a philosophy degree in university and figured my new kitty deserved a distinguished name!

I hope uploading the pics works! *fingers crossed*Thales pic 1.jpg

thales pic 2.jpg

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Great new pics! I love the name- it suits him well:ThumbsUp:

Hbomb77

Lairian
Ok, I just wanted to see if it was going to work..now I'll add the other few pics.thales pic 3.jpg

thales pic 4.jpg

thales pic 5.jpg

thales pic 6.jpg

thales pic 8.jpg

Sorry they're all sideways! I downloaded them from my phone. I guess that's the next thing I will need to learn!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi everyone!,

My name is Heather and I just got my first sphynx. His name is Thales and I have had him for a month. He's 5 1/2 months old now. He is the best cat I have ever had!! I

have two standard house cats and although I love them very much, I have always wanted a sphynx and now know exactly why!! He is soooo cuddly and sweet, but since he's still a kitten he is still rambunctious and playful as ever when the mood strikes.

I have bought tons of little sweaters for him, but since they are made for dogs, they don't fit as nice as I would like...Does anyone know of any great websites to look for better fitted sweaters?

I am so excited to be a new member of this site and can't wait to read on and post on!
Don't buy new smaller sweaters. Kitty will outgrow them in no time. The sweaters you do have will probably fit perfectly in a few months. Butterball is up to wearing small and is already outgrowing those.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Good advice butterball. Get the cheap stuff when they are little then get the nicer ones that are made for Sphynx when they are grown to adulthood. Thales is a great name and he is super cute.

danimcd

Lairian
Thanks so much for the replies! I will be sure to check out the clothes at those places!

Here are some other pics of him!

Oh, and I forgot to write out his name phoenetically...it is pronounced a bit differently than it reads. It's Thales (pronounced Thay-Lees). It's an ancient Greek philosopher's name. I just finished a philosophy degree in university and figured my new kitty deserved a distinguished name!

I hope uploading the pics works! *fingers crossed*View attachment 2929

View attachment 2930
i took a lot of those classes too.. and classical civilizations! and mythology... so i love those types of names!!! i was considering "anaxiamander" for mine but couldn't figure out a good nickname i liked enough! lol other than "naxi"... and i didn't feel like explaining it each time someone asked... so he got "Dorian"
but i love love love the name thales!! :ThumbsUp::LOL:

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynx lair. You have a very cutie. You will fall so in love with your baby
you just don't even know right now. Your life will revolve around them. They have a way of capturing your heart like nothing else.

JacksMom

Banned
Welcome here! Oh wow! I just think he's gorgeous! I just love his coloring and blue eyes! He IS quite the fashionable one, isn't he? I agree with Mike, they outgrow stuff way to quick to spend much on stuff right now. I went hog-wild buying my Jack (my first and only sphynx--8 mos. old tomorrow) all kinds of sweaters/t-shirts/robes etc....and now a whole bunch are in a box...just in case he gets a little brother ;-)

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome.
Great looking cat you have there :)
I love that red shirt he's showing in one pic.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Hbomb77 and welcome to Sphynxlair! What a cutie you have there! I hope you are enjoying the site! Thanks for sharing the pics!:ThumbsUp:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair! Thales is a great name for such a handsome little guy. I agree with the others, buy him cheap clothes now and wait until he's an adult for the nicer stuff. It can be hard to find clothes that fit a sphynx, seems like it's mostly trial and error.

TotenEngel

Banned
Welcome to the lair!!
I also agree about the clothes, my boy is nearly 8 months and just outgrowing a 'XS' :'( Soon he'll be a big cat LOL

Hbomb77

Lairian
Thank-you so much everyone for your replies!! You've made me feel so welcome!

You're all right...he has captured my heart like nothing before. I don't know how I ever lived without a sphynx!!

And danimcd, I LOVE the name Dorian!! It's beautiful!

I will wait until he is bigger to buy more clothes for him, but I have to admit, it will be extremely hard for me to wait!:Laugh:

trevor26

Lairian
your cat is a cutie dont worry about asking to many questions, every1 on here is so kind and helpfull congrats on the little cutie and enjoy

TortieTerror

Lairian
Welcome Heather!! Great place! Your baby is adorable!! I love his little face! Makes me want another.....