Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I'm going to wring his little kitty neck!

myspecialboy

Lairian
I am a night shift nurse and my sleep is very important to me. It is not important, however, to my Chadwick. Today (I guess it's yesterday now) when I was trying to sleep after working the night before and having to go back in that night, I was so tired, I wanted to cry. Chadwick decided to get his sleep in while I was at work and decided that it was time to play. I cuddled and played for a little while, but I had to crash. Chad decides to run around the house with his famous "MOM! COME AND PLAY WITH ME OR I"LL NEVER LEAVE YOU ALONE" meow and takes my keys and jingles them around a bit on the counter before knocking them off. Then, he runs under the covers and attacks my feet. THEN he goes into the closet and starts batting at the empty hangers. THEEENNN he runs to the blinds and bats at them for a while before gettin in front of the window and trying to attack the birds outside. This goes on for God knows how long before he decides to jump on my chest and stare at me until I say "Hi," after which he starts to lick my nose (BTW, is it just me, or do Sphynx cats have rougher tongues than hairy ones?!). I think I got maybe 4 hours of very interrupted sleep.
He's usually pretty good about letting me sleep after about 20min after laying down, but not today and I am so tired at work right now!
Oh! best part! When I woke up and got ready for work, he was hanging out on the sink like usual when I was brushing my teeth. When I'm bent over the sink, he loses his footing and ends up tail whipping me in the throat so hard that I start to choke!
I love my cat. I love my cat. I love my cat...

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hahaha! Welcome to Sphynx parenthood! AND they are persistant little turds! I swear somtimes he does burnouts on the walls, and DOES not need any catnip!

myspecialboy

Lairian
Of course, when I was putting my socks on (a sign for Chad that I'm getting ready to leave the house), he jumps on the bed and rubs his head on my arm and purrs. How could I strangle him now?! He's just so dang adorable!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Uh oh- what a little troublemaker! He sounds so cute!

I was worried before but now I'm a little more worried :Surprise: :BigSmile:. My bf works nights and I have a feeling I'm going to hear about stories like this soon when my kitty comes home next week.

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Tail whipping you in the throat lmao oh my i'm laughing so hard i'm crying, you have a fireball on your hands :LOL:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Kramer loves sleeping... Newman however not so much he has started to Suck on things now! :Surprise:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Sad::Cry:This is going to sound so bad, but as bad as Meecho is now she was 100 times worse when she was a baby. There was one night that I swear that when I finally got her to sleep I stared at a pillow and just wondered what it would be like. Now before you think to harshly of me I was working on my second week and I swear I maybe got a total of 10 hours sleep in that whole time. The thing that saved me and Meecho was an episode of Private Practice. It was about this mother who was so sleep deprived from her newborn that while she was bathing it she let it slip under water for a couple of minutes before she snapped out of it. After I saw that I realized I HAD to do something and that's when I learned the open door trick. That and I got used to her running back and forth on my back all night long. I still have high hopes that some day....hopefully someday soon I will get to sleep a long glourious night with her in my arms. Until then she can just keep waking everyone else up in the house since she realized that mommy is sleeping and it isn't good to wake her up :Laugh:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Geez, when I read these stories, it makes me SO GLAD that Piglet and my two Siamese cats sleep through the entire night! The Pigster especially loves her sleep...once she's out, she's out for hours! I'm a bit of an insomniac, so if anything, I'M the one who's keeping my cats awake...LOL!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Geez, when I read these stories, it makes me SO GLAD that Piglet and my two Siamese cats sleep through the entire night! The Pigster especially loves her sleep...once she's out, she's out for hours! I'm a bit of an insomniac, so if anything, I'M the one who's keeping my cats awake...LOL!

:LOL: Once I tried to keep Meecho awake all day. Everytime she would close her eyes I would shake her or talk to her or start singing in her face. That night I learned me lesson :Sweat: Meecho sleep is vvveeeerrrrryyyyy important :Smile:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:LOL: Once I tried to keep Meecho awake all day. Everytime she would close her eyes I would shake her or talk to her or start singing in her face. That night I learned me lesson :Sweat: Meecho sleep is vvveeeerrrrryyyyy important :Smile:

True...Meecho's too busy keeping you up at night, so she's GOTTA have her beauty rest during the day...LOL! :Hysterical:

myspecialboy

Lairian
Chadwick has gotten more pest-like as he's gotten older. When he was a kitten, he was an angel. He didn't get into a whole lot and all I had to do was say "Chadwick, no!" and he would stop whatever he was doing. I think he's in his kitty teenage years and I hope he cuts the attitude before his poor mama rips out her hair. He might like that, though, because then we would be twins! We already have the same skin color!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Chadwick has gotten more pest-like as he's gotten older. When he was a kitten, he was an angel. He didn't get into a whole lot and all I had to do was say "Chadwick, no!" and he would stop whatever he was doing. I think he's in his kitty teenage years and I hope he cuts the attitude before his poor mama rips out her hair. He might like that, though, because then we would be twins! We already have the same skin color!

I remember my cat Midnight was soooooooooo well behaved. If he didn't do what you told him all I would have to ask him if he was going to be a bad boy today and he would sit and think about it and then do what he was told. Now with Meecho I think her sole goal in life is to be a bad girl:Hysterical: But as crazy as she is and makes me she can still make my heart melt and make me smile in the middle of the day just thinking about going home to her :Laugh: I'd even go through those first few months all over again.....well maybe not ALL over again:LOL:

Back