Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I'm Home!

susi794

Staff member
There never were two sweeter words than "I'm home" as far as I'm concerned. I'm very tired, still in pain, but surrounded by my babies and able to read lots and lots of posts from all of you! Priceless!
Once again, my cup runneth over with love for all of you on this little website. Last night about ten minutes after the nurse had brought an enormous meal from Tess and Dawn, she came back in carrying a gift bag--she said it was another gift for me and said, "You must really be loved!" I immediately started to cry--I said that I KNOW I am! Inside the bag was the softest snuggliest tiger stuffed animal for me to snuggle. It was a lovingly kind gift and Dawn and Tess, I love you for being the women you are! I am so proud to be counted amongst those people lucky enough to be considered your friends. May God bless you for your kindness.

And may God bless our little online family of friends--you make me feel rich beyond measure. Heather and Tommy-you SHOULD be proud of what you have created here. I've said it before and am glad to say it again. It's the nicest place I know!
Thanks so much for your prayers--they worked!
With more love than you'll ever know,
Susi and the grateful gang

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome home Susi- we missed you!!! I was so happy to hear the wonderful things that Tess & Dawn sent you- it brought tears to my eyes. I'm pretty new and still getting to know everyone but I do know that Susi you are a great person and I'm glad to be here on the lair with you! I hope that you recover quickly:BigSmile:

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome home! I've been anxiously waiting for this post! So glad you could finally come home and my thoughts are with you for a speedy recovery!!!!

Gizzymom

Banned
I was so hoping that you would be home today!! Welcome back !!! We missed you lots and lots!!! Didn't you ever tell those kitties to "not bite the hand that feeds you"?? LOL... I'll bet they were SO glad to see you!!! Absorb all that lovin and purrs and continue to heal and get well!!!:Wink:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So glad to hear that you are back home Susi, I have been awaiting this post as well. I hope you have a speedy recovery and am so glad you're back! :Smile:

Inferno12

Banned
Welcome home to your babies and welcome home to your online family! We missed you and Im so glad you are home. Im glad that we could bring a smile to your face and good food to your belly. To me and Tess, the baby food and dry turkey were unacceptable! oh and not to mention the one drop of gravy :Surprise::Surprise:. We just couldnt handle knowing you were in the hospital during the holidays. BTW...I want to see a picture of the Tiger!

I hope you are feeling better and getting lots of love from your babies!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome home! Relax and take it easy for a bit! Thanks for the kind words Susi! Hope you're feeling better soon!:ThumbsUp:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome home. In a double sence (both to IRL home and to SL home), you've been dearly missed. :)

I know how much hospitals suck, especially during holidays. Spent nine months in one stretch in one.

Now... Get well and then give us the story of what happened and how it could get so bad. I must say I am interested in this. Bites happen and infections as well but it is rare it goes this bad. Did it take some time after the bite before you realised the severity?
Where did he bite you and how bad was the bite itself?

And the money question (since I have some running on bath time): Was it during bath time? :Wink:

Glad to see you back <3

susi794

Staff member
Welcome home. In a double sence (both to IRL home and to SL home), you've been dearly missed. :)

I know how much hospitals suck, especially during holidays. Spent nine months in one stretch in one.

Now... Get well and then give us the story of what happened and how it could get so bad. I must say I am interested in this. Bites happen and infections as well but it is rare it goes this bad. Did it take some time after the bite before you realised the severity?
Where did he bite you and how bad was the bite itself?

And the money question (since I have some running on bath time): Was it during bath time? :Wink:

Glad to see you back <3

Hope it wasn't too much money riding on that bet---it wasn't during bath time. My old stud, neutered in January of last year, doesn't get along with Boo, my new stud. eventhough I've had him and they lived happily together, until Boo got sexually active with the girls. This has made Moody just furious and they can't be in the same room together. One stays downstairs with a couple of the girls and the others go upstairs--then the next night we rotate, so we take turns sleeping with me and snuggling on the couch. On Saturday morning, I was letting Boo downstairs and had Moody in my hands to put upstairs--Boo normally runs far away after he comes down so Moody can't "get him" but this time he didn't go out of Moody's field of vision. Moody saw him and started to growl, so I put him down and nudged him in the butt with my hand--he thought it was Boo coming up from behind, whipped around his head and NAILED me good! I should've known better. He bit down very, very hard and it went very deeply into the mound of flesh below my thumb with a puncture wound on either side of the thumb. I washed it out with soap and water, then with alcohol. It instantly felt on fire and swelled up immediately. I told myself I was just being a baby over it and my sister said she didn't think I needed to go to the emergency room but why didn't I try washing it out with peroxide and then just take some acetominophen--which I did. It hurt badly all day, but I just tried to ignore the pain and figured it would be better tomorrow eventhough if I even breathed on it it brought me to my knees crying. I slept in the recliner all night due to the pain, and when I woke up the next morning, red streaks were going up my arm all the way to my armpit...so off I went to the ER. They took one look and admitted me. They said cat bites are EXTREMELY serious because of a particular bacteria cats have in their mouths and since their teeth are long, narrow and sharp that when they puncture deeply it's like pumping the germs directly into a petrie dish. I am unaware of anything ever moving this fast or hurting this badly. The infection caused a heart murmur to get more pronounced due to the stress of fighting it and I have been nauseated and dizzy for a week with an arm that felt like it was on fire. I was taking dilaudid (sp?) and vicodin, but then switched to morphine, vicodin, and something for the nausea. I also had to take a blood thinner in my belly daily and they ran a blood culture at first, then a cbc every day to make sure I was improving. I developed cellulitis and fasciaitis (sp?)It was one hell of an ordeal. I have, over the course of the years, received many cat bites that were like nips---this was a BITE! OUCH!!!!!

Last edited:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I am so happy you are home and back with us! Once again thank you for you kind words but most of all for just being you! I hope the pain improves. I am ordering you to relax and do not do to much to soon.

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Story about bite and it's result

Damn... Damn, damn!

That is a terrible story. :Surprise:
I am glad you are back and feeling better, that sounded like a pretty chocking ordeal I must say.
And I am glad I lost that "bet" because this was a freak thing and nothing you need to risk putting yourself through every week when kitty gets dirty.
Be careful and take care, hugs

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
NEVER GO TO SLEEP AFTER A CAT BITE!!!! Its like going to sleep after a concussion!! This message is to everyone really....it only takes a few hours for it to travel, and if you are asleep you cant monitor for red lines ( a sign of blood poisoning).
Susi you are lucky you didnt lose your whole hand, or arm, or worse!!
Also, once you have gotten a bad cat bite like this, they say your body is more sensitive to the bacteria the next time so if you ever get a bad bite again you should go to the hospital immediately, even if the wound looks fine.
I almost lost my hand a few years ago and am a bit paranoid about getting a second cat bite.
Im glad you are getting better and are back home with your kitties! You must have missed them!!

susi794

Staff member
NEVER GO TO SLEEP AFTER A CAT BITE!!!! Its like going to sleep after a concussion!! This message is to everyone really....it only takes a few hours for it to travel, and if you are asleep you cant monitor for red lines ( a sign of blood poisoning).
Susi you are lucky you didnt lose your whole hand, or arm, or worse!!
Also, once you have gotten a bad cat bite like this, they say your body is more sensitive to the bacteria the next time so if you ever get a bad bite again you should go to the hospital immediately, even if the wound looks fine.
I almost lost my hand a few years ago and am a bit paranoid about getting a second cat bite.
Im glad you are getting better and are back home with your kitties! You must have missed them!!
They told me losing an arm if I didn't respond to the antibiotics was a possibility. Never again will I wait to seek medical help for a bite.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad you are home. You had me worried:Cry: We are going to have to find some remedies to calm Moody down and mellow him out a little.

love to you, my friend. Glad your home (in one piece:Dizzy:)

I am so glad you are okay Susi! I hadn't been on much due to work hours and saw a post about you being in the hospital and was quite worried, as I was reading through the posts and getting caught up. I hope you are 100% better very soon. I knew cat bites got infected easily but I didn't realize just how quickly they could get so serious!

Back