Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I'm in Love! Gotcha Day!

Shmeeps

Lairian
My little guy on our car ride home this afternoon. He loves belly rubs!
Gotcha day 1.jpg
Gotcha day 2.jpg

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Happy gotcha day! What a cutie. He looks so relaxed and comfy.
Love his little dark nose and dark tail, such a handsome boy

susi794

Staff member
He is just precious! Very self assured, trusting and loving. You can tell he has been very loved. Congrats!

Shmeeps

Lairian
@Yoda mom Thank you for asking :kiss:

He 's a little ball of energy! We are trying to keep him separate in his safe room but he's only 10 weeks and cries every time I leave the room unless he is sleeping. I sleep in that room at night with him and he snuggles up to me like I'm his mama. He sleeps through the night(yay!) and gets up at 7 am. Meeps my other cat knows he's there. I had let her sniff my hands after holding him and she hissed at my hands lol. My girl hasn't hissed since she was a baby. If anyone has and transition suggestions that worked for them I'd love to hear. Oh and no name yet. It's down to two. Buck or Pig-Pen.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Shmeeps , Awh a mommas boy :)
I slept on t he floor too! Moved in with my pillow amd put on a radio in the kitty room

Here is a good link
Introducing a new adult sphynx cat or sphynx kitten into the home

be sure to scroll down to the bottom of threads for "similar threads "

Most of us cross scent . I swap cat beds(with a treat on it ) and cross scent towels put by each other's food dish .

If your kitty room door has room at the bottom , I slide a cheap " cat dancer " dual ended toy under the door for
Play on each side :)

I actually took a baby gate , cable tied it in the full open position ,
Held it in place with my foot for sneak peeks with praise and treats on each side
* watching for jumping so I only do supervised .

So excited for you Amd Meeps ! Let us know the name you decide :)
I like both .. Buck (naked ) comeS to mind amd pigpen be a they are little piggies wearing their food lol
I swear the next Sphynx i would ever have will be "Oscar " from Sesame Street - bcz mine are always trying to get into the trash and little piggies making a mess of my bed too!

Yoda mom

Staff member
Oh wow that divider is great thanks for sharing the pic!

Look forward to updates with lots of pics and tales!

Lol love the name

Back