Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I'm trying to stay cool because it's just a cat,but.....

brnsugarbaybie

Lairian
My tux boy is almost home!!!:BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile:
I've had 2 furry baybies in the past,and I always thought nobody cared about their kitties more than me. but in doing research in my quest for a baldie I realize that I did both of them a great dis-service in my ignorance of basic kitty needs. So tell me what do I need in regards to my baby boy to get him started correctly.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

I have a black and white sphynx also.
You need to feed a good food.
Sphynx are different then any other breed.
They are very sweet cats and very friendly.
You will need to give him a bath once a week or every 2 weeks.
You will need to clean his ears and nails.
Sphynx get oil in the ears and claws.
You can use q-tips for the ears and make up remover or baby wipes for the nails.
This site is coming out with sphynx shampoo soon that I am sure will be good for baths.
I use sphynx shampoo or burts bees for baths.
How old is your sphynx?

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh its not just a cat trust me!! LOL!! I've had cat for a long time and Sphynx kitties are like no other :) Ask anyone on here. They are part dog, part monkey, part human the list can go on and on. Welcome to a whole new world. M2M gave you a pretty good list. I would start with that. Good luck and have fun with your new baby. I would love to see pics!!

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi and welcome.

They also don't mind a cozy place to crawl into. :BigSmile:

Attachments

• 201012192490.jpg
    201012192490.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 43

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Congratulations!

Just be prepared to have a little naked person following you everywhere you go, wanting to "help" with everything you do. They're awesome!

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
No need to stay cool around here!!! I still get excited when I'm almost home to see my kitties and my Husband (in that order :LOL: ) I've had Gulliver for over a year and Bacon a few month and they still make me drive just a littler faster home so I can spend just a little more time with them all...

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello brnsugarbaybie and welcome to Sphynxlair! No you have it wrong like Sphynxlair's logo up above says "If It's got Hair, It's Just a Cat!" LoL (no pun intended!) Good luck and enjoy the site!:ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
Tammy and your furries are all beauties! Enjoy all the love--there's nothing quite like it.
Nofuratu is such a great blogger--he and his mommy will be happy to hear you find his beauty secrets helpful!

pooner

Banned
Welcome to the lair :)

They insist on drinking out of your cup, and think any food you have is theirs!

I always thought it was just Pooner and I've learned from this forum that you are right they all insist on drinking out of our cups!! Silly Sphynxs!! :Wink:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair! It is very exciting when you are waiting for your naked baby to arrive:BigSmile: Their needs are similar to a regular cat but higher maintenance. They need to be safe, warm, fed a good quality food and cleaned regularly. There are many threads on this site with great info- enjoy and please post pics soon:BigSmile:

You are not alone... it is so very exciting - congrats to you! I am also eagerly awaiting bringing my baby home, but I've got a ways to go yet - end of Feb to be exact... so in the meantime, I get to live vicariously through all the new mamas & papas on the forum :)

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair! Another important thing is to tell your vet to avoid using Ketamine (it's a type of anesthesia). Ask them to use propofol or isoflurane instead. Also let them know that it isn't unusual for sphynx temperatures to run 1-2 degrees higher than "normal" kitties. Have fun while you wait!

Back