Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

MaisyMom

Lairian
I am going to be getting my little Maisy her next set of shots soon and have read on some breeder sites that you should get the Sphynx cats non-adjuvanted vaccines. One in particular is the Merial vaccine. Has anyone had any experience with this? Did you get your kitties regular vaccines or find a vet that gave the Merials?

Yoda mom

Staff member
Maisy is a sweetie! I am looking forward to the chime in replies too :)
Great question :)

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I remember doing research on that... and I had completely forgotten about it until now. Just had their vaccines done, I have no idea which type they got.

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just looked at their vaccine records... looks like they got the Merial brand. Yay!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I am going to be getting my little Maisy her next set of shots soon and have read on some breeder sites that you should get the Sphynx cats non-adjuvanted vaccines. One in particular is the Merial vaccine. Has anyone had any experience with this? Did you get your kitties regular vaccines or find a vet that gave the Merials?
Non - Adjuvanted vaccines are considered to be safer. Merial vaccines, due to their low rates of adverse reactions are generally recommended by most breeders and veterinarians.

Vaccine Associated Sarcomas (VAS) or Injection Site Fibrosarcomas - are a type of cancer caused by vaccines. Vaccines containing adjuvant, a component to stimulate the immune system, are more likely to cause a VAS. VAS has been known to be fatal in certain situations.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Also, here is a good thread on what vaccines most will recommend to use on your sphynx cat - vaccines

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MaisyMom, yes ^Yoda Cat^ was my first Sphynx that changed my life forever.. I visit her memories in my heart every day-
I keep her as my profile picture to honor her for starting it all..

I will always be Yoda mom .she sent me a boy Yoda to carry on her name along with his brother Batman recently that were being rehomed.

They are up to date on all their shots. I like your question because I am interested in this for when they are due in the future.

Ps- I like your Maisy name :) I have a rescue bengal I adopted a few years ago that came with the name Macie :) And we live in Florida too!