Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Important although not a happy topic

tuffysmommy

Lairian
My husband and I are about 80 years old. We have a Judie as well as two other domestic furry cats and a feral. It was recently suggested to us in the Pictures of Cats blog that we should make provisions for them, should anything render us unable to care for them, either by illness or demise. They are the loves of our lives and nothing has worried us more than handling this. Since we adopted all of them except MyBoy our feral from her, we are arranging to will them to our Vet. It is important to find someone willing to take and adequately care for your very special family members who are sadly onsidered property under the law. Best to all.

tuffysmommy

Lairian
My husband and I are about 80 years old. We have a Judie as well as two other domestic furry cats and a feral. It was recently suggested to us in the Pictures of Cats blog that we should make provisions for them, should anything render us unable to care for them, either by illness or demise. They are the loves of our lives and nothing has worried us more than handling this. Since we adopted all of them except MyBoy our feral from her, we are arranging to will them to our Vet. It is important to find someone willing to take and adequately care for your very special family members who are sadly onsidered property under the law. Best to all.
—-that should have been 70 years and nudie—gotta love the smartphone.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
I think it is a great reminder. When we travel, I cover all of my expectations with my sister and who she can reach out to etc. 2 years ago my in-laws both fell ill and were hospitalized it was a huge undertaking for us to care for their cats and dog and they had no plan in place.

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So are you looking for people to leave your treasured family members to in case you pass on first? Or you already know who they are all going to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tuffysmommy

Lairian
So are you looking for people to leave your treasured family members to in case you pass on first? Or you already know who they are all going to?

We have decided who they are going to and she has agreed to have them willed to her. They are going to our Veterinarian from whom we adopted them. She was so cautious about us that we traveled 2 hours to be interviewed before we were approved.

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh ok. I thought you were still looking for a home for your feral boy. I’m glad you have someone to take over, just in case.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
That's a great reminder. No matter how old we are, there can always happen something.
Glad you did find somebody who wants to take them if necessary. I wish you all a long healthy happy life together

Yoda mom

Staff member
thank you for the great reminder.

Also a good idea to review a will or power of attorney you may have had years ago for any changes that need to be made

The attorney said I could attach a separate hand written paper to my will copy outlining my wishes for my pets

(This particular attorney looked at me like I had two heads when I asked about putting them in writing in my will - shaking my head .) doesn't he know these are my kids

happy new year wishes for health and happiness and kitty cuddles n smooches