Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Important

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,
Sorry for all the please reads lately but Admin and I have been bashed and bad mouthed lately on sphynxlair and off by 2 of our members and today the reason as to why has been brought to our attention.
These 2 people have told us that a forum should not be a happy place and that our forum, and happy, is a joke.
First we want to say that we worked very hard to create sphynxlair and take pride in all the great members we have. Not to have anyone come along and try to ruin it. We created a place for all shphynx owners to come and share stories, information, opinions ect. knowing that not all opinions are the same good or bad and we welcome that .That is what a forum is all about. Most of you have shown us that their is a way to state your opinion in a kind friendly manner, and that is welcome here. We value the fact that our members can come to a place and share the same love for sphynx we all have in a happy friendly environment.

We do not use this forum as a place to advertise our kittens because that is not what it was intended for,but we do love sharing them with you all, we are a very small scale breeder and like to advertise locally so our kitten all stay local. We bring this up because it has come to our attention that when a member comes here looking for information about purchasing a kitten they are sent a pm from some members saying not to buy from us and that we are bad breeders. It is fine to pm breeders you recommend or anything else but it is unacceptable to pm something about us or anyone else that is not true to try to damage their reputation as a breeder just to point them in the direction of a friend.

We also find it very sad that these members have had there friends sign up on sphynxlair hiding behind fictitious names so they have someone to agree with them and they can keep their opinion one sided.
After working so hard to ensure all our members a happy experience, it is a slap in the face to find out that these 2 people where here hiding behind who they truly are and where only here trying to gain trust from others and gather information that took us so long to acquire, because all along they have been working on starting their own forum that is up and running as of today.

Sphynxlair was built with honesty, integrity and our love for the breed. We value the fact that most members feel the same way and strive to keep a well moderated happy forum, where any owner and breeder can comfortably come and share with us!
Always remember we are always here for any concerns big or small.
Thank you,
Tom and Heather

J

Jinxlover

I love this forum. I love that it's a fun and happy place.
I am a member of other forums(dog) that are all info and no friendship and they are no where as nice as this one. I love this place you should be PROUD of what you have done here. Keep up the GREAT work..:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:..(just my .02)

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Theres always gotta be some haters!! This forum is WONDERFUL! And you guys are wonderful! It's like having a second family on here, and so much help!! I say take it as a grain of salt, cause they just don't have a life, and have nothing better to do than harass a cat forum...

RuthArt

Lairian
I'm so sorry to hear this, I don't quite understand the people who do this sort of thing, but I fear it's just the nature of some people to cause trouble, no matter where you are.

I'm sure that there are enough kind, friendly and caring people here to keep this forum as it is intended and I'm very glad you are here.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and I pray that those people will be happier at their own forum and leave the good people here to find their happiness as it should be.

Ruth

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I too love this forum. One of the main reasons I love it is because everyone here is super cool. Any member here would help any other member. And when I say help, I mean help in the form of sending food, money or a simple card to convey emotions. I'm working on some catnip toys to send to members just for the heck of it. Sometimes I wish some of you lived closer to me so I could watch your kitties while you go on vacation. I'd board them for free and they wouldn't be locked in a box. When you would come to pick up your kitty, you would have a hard time because kitty wouldn't want to leave.:BigSmile:

If I continued to read bashing members after bashing members I don't think I would log in so much. But thank god it's not like that. And I hope we keep it like that. Let's not let some bad apples ruin it for all of us.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love it here with out a doubt!I have experienced the "dont get from this breeder" and "Why on earth would you buy a kitten from her" I have been through it all and surpassed all the negativity ! I give a big thanks to both of you for helping me come out of my shell as I was very scared too! You have done an awesome job controlling this site!!! I thank you so very much!!!

And so the bad seeds of the forum built there own site... Good luck to them but that is one site I will not visit!! I love my sphynxlair friends!!!!!!

silly4lilly

Lairian
I love this forum too and would never go to another. People here are like family and I know know matter what even if my question is stupid everyone is very helpful.

No matter in what circumstance there is always the one or two people out there that can ruin everything, but we will stay strong together! You guys have done a great job running this site and I thank you for that. Without this site I would be clueless as to many things!

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I too love this forum. One of the main reasons I love it is because everyone here is super cool. Any member here would help any other member.

That's it exactly. I like that this forum is fun and relaxed.

We aren't all idiots, we know that if somethings wrong we need to take our cats to the vets, but there is no harm in asking others opinions. No one here, claims to know everything there is too know about our cats, but we can 100% claim to love them.

I just want a place to relax and smile occasionally and talk crap about cats all day, if I chose too. I like it here, I plan to stay here, I like reading everyone's stories. I've met some lovely people on here, who are now my friends who live inside my computer :BigSmile::ThumbsUp:

Disclaimer: 'Havingalook' is a fictitious name, it's not actually the name my parents gave me. :LOL:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Disclaimer: 'Havingalook' is a fictitious name, it's not actually the name my parents gave me.

Oh darn I would have never known:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Thanks to all of you for your kind words!

doriansmomma

Lairian
I must say it is really nice to come to a forum where I can be given truthful answers & not have to worry about someone giving me an attitude because it was a dumb question.

I like being able to post pictures of what I think are the cutest kittens in the world & have others tell me the same.

I like the fact that I can post that I am getting a new kitten & other people are excited for me too.

I am big into seahorses & rearing them. I belonged to a active seahorse forum that was flourishing. Hundreds of posts a day, thousands of users, great content. Unfortunately, a few people felt the need to give attitudes & treat people like they were idiots & just made it a place that asking questions was no fun. Well guess what that forum is today? DEAD! I logged in for the hell of it about 2 months ago, the last post was a month before that!

That is what happens when people act like jerks. No one wants to be around them.

If this forum were any different, I wouldn't be here. Stay true to that.

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Heck, I knew I was at a good forum when admins nuked my Erwin Schrödinger picture!:Smile:

I created a FB page for my kitty just so I wouldn't miss out!

I think what you guys do is amazing --a polite supportive forum!?! the only other one I've found is for sleep apnea sufferers-- and it's not 'fun'

Admins: don't lose heart, you do a good job

susi794

Staff member
Oh boy--this makes me incredibly sad--I feel like the people who complained about it being a happy place are talking about me--always talking about what a friendly place this is..how we care about our cats and each other. Maybe they just got sick of hearing me say stuff like that. But I really believe it. And I love it here. You are all such good people and I feel like you're my friends. I don't want that to stop. If I have been obnoxious and have driven anybody away, please accept my apologies.
As far as running any breeder down, the only breeder I recall having said anything about was the one from whom I got Lulu--and then even then, I named no names publicly. I wouldn't tell someone not to buy from a particular breeder, as I know only two or three of them myself. And I hope no one would tell someone not to buy from me. Because I can say that several times people have pm'd me asking about buying one of my kits, and I have been upfront in saying that at the moment, all mine have health issues and that I haven't scanned yet. So, I don't need people running me down publicly or privately, I can give people honest information myself. I didn't think that's why we were all here. There are plenty of other places to go do that if it's what people want. I stay here because you all feel like family to me. I would feel terrible if I lost all of you.
So, so sad in Michigan,
Susi and what's left of the gang

susi794

Staff member
And you all know how I feel about Admin and Ilovemysphynx. I think they're wonderful. This site is wonderful. Don't stop doing what you're doing--there are plenty of us who feel the same way I do.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It's not about you Susan, concentrate on getting your babies better and please enjoy this forum.

I guess people wanted it to be a factual site where its all info, info, info. I much prefer the atmosphere here with the fun, relaxed and casual conversation, rather than the holier than thou, "I know everything and my opinion is all that matters" type posts.

It is lovely and friendly here, there's nothing wrong with that.

As I said before, we know to go to the vets if our babies are sick, so why on earth can't we have a lovely, family type forum to relax and post whatever we like without it being criticized.

J

Jinxlover

Oh boy--this makes me incredibly sad--I feel like the people who complained about it being a happy place are talking about me--always talking about what a friendly place this is..how we care about our cats and each other. Maybe they just got sick of hearing me say stuff like that. But I really believe it. And I love it here. You are all such good people and I feel like you're my friends. I don't want that to stop. If I have been obnoxious and have driven anybody away, please accept my apologies.
As far as running any breeder down, the only breeder I recall having said anything about was the one from whom I got Lulu--and then even then, I named no names publicly. I wouldn't tell someone not to buy from a particular breeder, as I know only two or three of them myself. And I hope no one would tell someone not to buy from me. Because I can say that several times people have pm'd me asking about buying one of my kits, and I have been upfront in saying that at the moment, all mine have health issues and that I haven't scanned yet. So, I don't need people running me down publicly or privately, I can give people honest information myself. I didn't think that's why we were all here. There are plenty of other places to go do that if it's what people want. I stay here because you all feel like family to me. I would feel terrible if I lost all of you.
So, so sad in Michigan,
Susi and what's left of the gang

Don't feel bad Susi, some people are just like that. There is nothing wrong with being kind. If more people in this world were kind it would be a better place..
I agree with Havingalook we are big girls/boys, we ALL know to take our pets to the vet if they are sick. Some times I just want a friend the understands to talk to not a lecture on why I should not do this or that. If people don't want to be friendly let them go... More will come that do want to be friendly.

Oh and Susi I would buy one of your babies in a second!!!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can vouch for what everybody has said here so far and then some! I've been a member of other (non-cat-related) forums in the past, and have never received the welcome and acceptance that I've received here. Also, I tried to become a member of a couple of sphynx rescue groups, but was made to feel small and unwelcomed because I'm not a sphynx breeder or an experienced sphynx owner.

However, here on Sphynx Lair, I feel "at home" here and that everybody in this forum is like family! It's great to come to a site where I can just be myself, no matter how inexperienced or unknowledgeable I am in sphynx care. I look forward to logging on this site everyday to learn something new about sphynx care, or share a cute photo, a laugh, or tear or two. What other forum out there have members who exchange Christmas gifts, have a support group for dieters, throw a baby shower for a member in another country, or help out a fellow member in need? So what if we're "happy" and "friendly"? That's what makes this site so great! Sphynx Lair is a truly special place, and anybody who criticizes it probably doesn't belong here anyway.

As for Admin and ilovemysphynx....they are simply awesome! They have done a great job with Sphynx Lair, in my humble opinion. Sure, they have rules for this site, but that's to protect us members and to keep this site safe for everybody. I don't understand people who would call them "bad breeders" because they don't agree with the way they run this site....that is just wrong and unacceptable. I feel sorry for those "haters" because they are missing out on sharing our love of sphynx cats, having fun, and making some great new friends here on this site.

susi794

Staff member
I can vouch for what everybody has said here so far and then some! I've been a member of other (non-cat-related) forums in the past, and have never received the welcome and acceptance that I've received here. Also, I tried to become a member of a couple of sphynx rescue groups, but was made to feel small and unwelcomed because I'm not a sphynx breeder or an experienced sphynx owner.

However, here on Sphynx Lair, I feel "at home" here and that everybody in this forum is like family! It's great to come to a site where I can just be myself, no matter how inexperienced or unknowledgeable I am in sphynx care. I look forward to logging on this site everyday to learn something new about sphynx care, or share a cute photo, a laugh, or tear or two. What other forum out there have members who exchange Christmas gifts, have a support group for dieters, throw a baby shower for a member in another country, or help out a fellow member in need? So what if we're "happy" and "friendly"? That's what makes this site so great! Sphynx Lair is a truly special place, and anybody who criticizes it probably doesn't belong here anyway.

As for Admin and ilovemysphynx....they are simply awesome! They have done a great job with Sphynx Lair, in my humble opinion. Sure, they have rules for this site, but that's to protect us members and to keep this site safe for everybody. I don't understand people who would call them "bad breeders" because they don't agree with the way they run this site....that is just wrong and unacceptable. I feel sorry for those "haters" because they are missing out on sharing our love of sphynx cats, having fun, and making some great new friends here on this site.

Well said! :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:
(And being that member that was in need...I can't tell you what your love meant to me everyone!--Everyone that I have ever told about the unbelievable generosity you all showed me was absolutely ASTOUNDED. Had never heard anything like it. Nor had I, and still can't believe the outpouring of love.)

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well said! :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:
(And being that member that was in need...I can't tell you what your love meant to me everyone!--Everyone that I have ever told about the unbelievable generosity you all showed me was absolutely ASTOUNDED. Had never heard anything like it. Nor had I, and still can't believe the outpouring of love.)

I think I can speak for everybody here, Susi, in that we were all happy to help...and would do so again in moment's notice if you need it. That's what being friends is all about...and what makes this site so wonderful! :ThumbsUp:

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so saddened to hear of what is going on. I LOVE coming to the lair everyday...multiple times. I love the fact that I can ask honest questions and get honest answers. I appreciate the useful knowledge that other more experienced owners have. I have learned so many things from this forum that it is unreal. I LOVE the way everyone comes together to congratulate successes/new kittens and share sorrows of a sick/lost baby. I think that the admins do a wonderful job of moderating the site to keep it a fun, exciting and safe environment for everyone! I truly hope that everyone else sees that too.

GioThermal

Lairian
Those people that choose to bash must have some really low self esteem. Obviously we are all adults here... they should act like it. I'm sorry to hear there are jerks like that on your website. I believe in Karma.... may a horrible virus strike their computer down! lol:Angry:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so now I have tears in my eyes:Cry: but in a good way you know the happy kind:Smile:
when we started this we had no idea of what it would become, and are so happy to have all of you and thank each and every one of you for all of your kind words and giving me goose bumps:Pudently:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back