Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

In Front if the Fireplace

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We have finally decided to turn on the fireplace. It is one of both my and Frida’s favourite things.

Here is Frida roasting herself.

44c2ced90cbc677baf843deeaa1ca2c3.jpg

Please share your “in front of the Fire” pics as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
View attachment 88776View attachment 88777We’ve been running our fireplace nonstop since the beginning of October, despite the 80 degree weather in TX, lol. Kenzo stays camped out by it, all day and night!

Gosh Monica! I had to look up 80 in Celsius. Lol that is hotter and than room temp.
I no longer feel bad for turning it on when the temp is above freezing! It is 1 c (about 38f) here this morning, and I’m feeling lucky. The other half of my country is already covered in snow!
Well so long as the kitties are happy who cares how hot it is!

-Naomi

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Frida and Kenzo are such lucky babies to have their own fire place. The Dutch Foir are ready to takr their backpacks and travel to your places!

Frida always welcomes a cuddle! We are fortunate that we have our own fireplace now. Used to be Frida would lay on the warm cable box in front of the traditional TV Yule log. Lol (I’m hoping other people know what this is)
-Naomi

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
LOL we live in Florida so the air conditioner runs all year long. There are times I think about getting one of those electric fireplaces just for the feels, but then I think of what the electric bill would be and I immediately drop the idea.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Kenzo looks like he’s never moving from that warm spot. Cleo and Marcus wish it was near 80 around here. This morning at 7 am, it was 28 degrees F. And that’s warmer than most of last week! While we have a fireplace, it needs relining, which isn’t happening any time soon. I do have a small space heater upstairs, but they are suspicious of it, as it blows warm air at them. :rolleyes: So they have to make do with heat vents, warm blankets, quilts and shawls, and of course, laps!

76A2E201-C7BD-454A-85CB-ECF5B80DFD87.jpeg

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The girls definitely love it here. Not so much last night, because I forgot to turn the heater on in the bedroom. Oops.
I have a stinking, rotten cold atm, and I'm coughing like crazy -- particularly when I wake up from coughing in the middle of the night, and then can't seem to stop. :/ They don't like that either, because it means I move too much to get comfy on me lol.
I have a ton of stuff to do, but I figured I am taking a break today and stay inside the warm house.
As for visits -- any time lol. Well, any time none of my other bunch of friends is hanging out lol. Trust me, I've suddenly become the travel spot du jour!

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
View attachment 88833
Everyone loves the wood burner.

View attachment 88834
Especially Jez. (That fire looks like an inferno lol. It wasn't. Just the mobile camera going overboard on the exposure.)

View attachment 88835
And me too, when I have breakfast and it's freezing outside. :)

The wood burning fireplace must me nice! My parents used to have one when I was growing up. I miss the smell, but I think I’m glad not to have to clean up after it.
Thanks for sharing. Your kitties look awfully comfy all gathered around the fire.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well...
IMG_6411.jpg

IMG_6414.jpg

(Yes, that is Livvy in front of Pixie -- no fighting, but Livvy turned tail seconds after I took this)

IMG_6432.jpg

It was a "warm" (in the sun) day, so I let the girls come outside if they wanted.
Livvy chose to go back in after a brief excursion, Jez hung out on the window ledge, and Pixie went in after a short while too.
They were all in front of the fire half hour later. :)

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well...
View attachment 88866

View attachment 88867
(Yes, that is Livvy in front of Pixie -- no fighting, but Livvy turned tail seconds after I took this)

View attachment 88868
It was a "warm" (in the sun) day, so I let the girls come outside if they wanted.
Livvy chose to go back in after a brief excursion, Jez hung out on the window ledge, and Pixie went in after a short while too.
They were all in front of the fire half hour later. :)
Stunning photos! It's so cool to see them roaming around on their own. I would be too afraid to let my babies loose. But then I live in a city with lots of cars and bad people...

Back