Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

In Loving Memory of MooShoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catmama13

Lairian
I got my first Sphynx back in 1999 as a foster. I've worked in animal rescue for over 16 years and was asked if I'd be willing to foster 4 Sphynx kittens from a bad breeder. I did my homework to learn more about them and was thrilled when they arrived. I was asked if I'd like to take one permanently and I had no hesitation is saying yes!!! It was love at first site with me and MooShoo. We went everywhere together. He slept under the covers right next to me, with his head on HIS pillow. He was my soulmate. Although his eyes were screwed up thanks to the breeder not treating a herpes virus in his eyes, he was still the most handsomest of them all. He was a real people cat who loved attention and would sit proudly in his cat stroller with his sweater on, enjoying the sunshine and the DQ ice cream cone we'd share in the park.

On the morning of February 13th, I heard a yowl coming from my living room. It was my MooShoo. He couldn't move. I rushed him to the vet, but by the time I got there, he was gone. :cry: The vet determined he had a blood clot that went to his legs. I was totally inconsolable. My heart was broken. There will never be another one like MooShoo. He left me too soon and took a piece of my heart with him. I hope I see him again one fine day. :cry:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm sorry about the loss of MooShoo. It sounds like you had a lovely bond. His sudden death must have broke your heart. There may not ever be another MooShoo in your life, but I hope one day you find another Sphynx who needs your love and care.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So sorry you lost Mooshoo but I am glad you saved him from a bad breeder.
Sounds like he had HCM and threw a clot.
I lost my Coco non sphynx to blood clots last Sept.
Watching a cat throw a blood clot is terrible.
I know because I have seen it happen.

Gizzymom

Banned
Welcome to the Lair... I am so sorry for your loss of your soulmate, MooShoo. No, he can never be replaced, but that does not mean that you cannot accept the love of another sphynx in your life. I hope that 2011 brings you much happiness... and possibly another naked...:Laugh:

Jennifer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sorry to hear about MooShoo. I could not imagin. Try to remember the good times you shared. You saved his life and he brought you joy to yours.

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the Lair and our online family of friends. I believe that MooShoo will be with you again someday....and I am certain he would want you to share all that love you showed him with some other kitty that needs some love too....
Hugs,
Susi and the gang

susi794

Staff member
Sorry to hear about MooShoo. I could not imagin. Try to remember the good times you shared. You saved his life and he brought you joy to yours.

Hi Jen!
Kiwi is looking good! Tell him his old Mama Lady loves him still and give him a little kiss for me, ok? You have been a member here since March? Why didn't I know that?
Much love,
Susi and the gang

tessblack

Banned
So sorry to hear about MooShoo. I sure hope at some point you let another nakid into your life. I know they will never replace him but they just give us soooo much.

Welcome to the Lair! So sorry to hear about the passing of your MooShoo. I hope some day that another Sphynx will find his/her way into your life It sounds like you have a lot of love to give!

pooner

Banned
I'm sorry to hear about precious MooShoo :Cry:
I hope you find another precious sphynx to love and be loved by. Welcome to the Lair!

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
What a great name! MooShoo sounds like a wonderful friend, and you sound like a great Sphynx "parent."

It's so hard when our babies leave us too soon. Keep your eye on petfinder, etc. and I'm sure another little naked in need of a home will find you.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so sorry you lost MooShoo. Both of you were blessed to share a special bond. I hope that someday you can experience that kind of love again.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Gosh, this makes me so sad.. seems like a lot of these guys suffer from blood clots- so scary! i'm so sorry to hear about your baby. sending you good vibes and positive thoughts as his anniversary arrives.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a heartbreaker. I know that you will be with him one day. He would want you to share your heart with another Sphynx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back