Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

In loving memory of Pharaoh

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharaohno1

Lairian
Last night I had to put my 4th child down,He was born April 24 2003. He died Feb.19 2010.Last night around 7:00p.m pharaoh came out of his blanket and we saw that he had trouble moving his hind legs and acting funny like biting things and rolling around and meowing alot.I took him to the Vet. The doctor's said that he had blood clots in his brain and spine...And, he also had trouble breathing and had so blood coming out of his nose... They said that he only had 10% to 20% chance of living with meds..So the Vet said The right thing to do is to put him to sleep.It was hard,But I did it.. When I got home and told my Children that pharaoh would not be coming home ,My second son said I don't care I want pharaoh back, :Cry: Today I'm trying to be a stong woman and a mother and wife and go on with my life .. but, Its so hard, I feel like he is still here in the house with me and he is still sleeping under his blanket...Of course, He's not...

He was the 4th child in this family, And thats how we treated him as..

I just have one more thing to say I love you pharaoh... And will allways...:Cry:

tessblack

Banned
I am so sorry to hear about pharaoh. I could not hold the tears back when I read your post, I can imagine how you are feeling.

Our thoughts are with you.

tess

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My thoughts are with you...it's been less than a year since I had to putt Buster to sleep and I still remember the heartache. I'm sure he knew you loved him and that's what is important:Cry:

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am so sorry for your pain. It is truly like losing a child. I wih I could do something to heal your heartache, Just please know you are in my thoughts a prayers. May comfort envelope you and help you through this hard time.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So sorry to hear about Pharoah. :Cry: It's so hard to lose a pet baby. My deepest condolences to you and your family during this sad time.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I'm so sorry for your lose. I felt your pain as I read your post. It's so sad when we lose one of our babies. My sincere condolences are with you and your family during this difficult time.

penelopeasaurus

Lairian
ohhhh, this makes my heart so sad! i cannot imagine how you are feeling. i hope that things get better and a little sunshine comes your way soon!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
We here at Sphynxlair are so sorry to hear of your loss. Im sure Pharaoh is in Sphynx heaven with all the other great special Sphynx that have left this world.

Last edited:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm soooo sorry to hear that :Cry::Cry::Cry: My Kienna (RIP) threw a clot, too & I had to put him down about a year ago so I know where you are coming from. I cried daily for literally months, and sometimes still do--it's okay to mourn our beautiful babies. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. *big hug* from me to you

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so sorry for your family's loss. You will see your baby in Heaven. It wouldn't be Heaven without our little angels, because that is what they are, our little angels on earth who get us through all the stuff the world throws at us.

PitRottMommy

Banned
I am so sorry to hear about your baby. It doesn't sound like your vet was very clear in what happened to pharoah. He had HCM (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy) and developed seconary saddle thrombus. The blood clot was actually located between his legs (not the spine) and, no, wasn't treatable at this point. His vocalizing and biting objects was likely due with the great amount of pain that comes with saddle thrombus. Essentially what happens is that the affected heart (with HCM) produces clots and they travel to other areas of the body. The legs are very common.

Its very important to know that this is a preventable problem. Sphynx are predisposed to HCM. For this reason, its recommended to regularly test sphynx and other predisposed breeds with an echocardiogram. If positive, meds are started. It can add years to their life (many live with heart conditions into their mid to late teens).

If you choose to get another sphynx, its imperative to choose a breeder that scans their breeding cats against this disease and to regularly scan your new baby.

Again, my condolances.

susi794

Staff member
Oh no! I wish there was some magical thing I could say to make the heartwrenching pain go away--some way I could make it all be a bad dream--for if I could, I surely would. I am acutely aware how difficult it is to lose a pet--and I am profoundly sorry for your loss. Please know that Pharoah is in a place where there is no more pain or suffering ...and that he's waiting on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge, remembering how deeply you loved him and cared for him. Hopefully he's introduced himself to lots of our babies who are waiting for us there, and they are having a big old play date, talking about their loving families and doing lots of important cat stuff. In the mean time, until we meet them again, we carry them in our hearts forever. And I'm sure Pharoah would tell you, if he could, that you were a loving mommy and that when the time is right, he knows of a special little kitty who is looking for your family because Pharoah gave you excellent references when he sent him to you. Until that day,please also know that you are among friends here, who care about you, know how you feel, hurt for you, and wish we could somehow make you whole again.
With much love,
Susi and the gang

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so deeply sorry to hear about Pharoh. I know that he is across the Rainbow Bridge playing with all of our beloved pets, free of all pain. I hope that even though it hurts so bad now, you will eventually heal in your heart. He would want you to take time for yourself and your family and then later open your heart to a new baby. His spirit will always surround you. Embrace that and use it to go on. Remember we here at the lair are all family and we all feel your pain. We will all be thinking of you, Pharoh and your family in this difficult time.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm very sorry to hear about Pharaoh. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So sorry for your lose!! Many thoughts are with you and your family during this hard time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back