Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

In Memory of Sydney: 2/29/96 - 7/21/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I should have posted this long before now but it was just too painful for me before to deal with it. As many of you here know, I love Siamese as well as Sphynx cats and have two cats, Sydney and Reno, who are purebred and CFA-registered Siamese from a reputable cattery. Sydney was a beautiful chocolate-point Siamese female who was show-cat quality except that she had a crooked tail, which is how I ended up with her. She was my best friend for many years; she was there for me through a very difficult marriage and divorce, as well as many ups and downs as I moved from Phoenix, AZ to Colorado. She had a delightful personality; she was very elegant and refined :Cool: , a little timid yet sweet and easy-going. Like Piglet, Sydney was great with kids and elderly folks. She especially loved my young niece and my father (who passed away three years ago).

Well, two years ago, Sydney became ill and almost died. My vet diagnosed her with HCM and immediately put her on medication as soon as she recovered to keep her alive and comfortable. Sydney did well on the medication up until a few months ago...I could see that she was starting to decline a bit but I thought it was her age, as she was almost 15 years old. Well, one day last July I came home from work to find her dead on my dining room floor. :Cry: Fortunately, it looked like she went quickly and without suffering; she looked at peace in her death. :Sweet-angel:

Reno, my blue-point Siamese from the same cattery, misses Sydney very much and was quite depressed for a while after her passing. Having the new sphynx Amo in the house has cheered him up quite a bit and he's now just about back to his old self. :BigSmile:

Please help join me in remembering my friend Sydney, who was a wonderful cat and a long-time beloved member of my family. I've included some pictures of the old girl so you can see what she was like. :Smile:

Attachments

• syd&renosleep.jpg
    syd&renosleep.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 35
  • syd&terry2.jpg
    syd&terry2.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 04-06-08_1224.jpg
    04-06-08_1224.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 0313091101a.jpg
    0313091101a.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 31
  • 01-16-09_1154.jpg
    01-16-09_1154.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 01-16-09_1205.jpg
    01-16-09_1205.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 28

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks so much, M2M. HCM is a bad disease; I wish there was a cure out there for it. :Sad:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

I agree it is terrible.
I met Dr Lyons and she took swabs of all my cats at the annual.
There has been a breakthrough in HCM.

Bella07

Banned
Oh no, I am so sorry for your loss! :Cry: Sydney was such a beautiful little girl. Rest in Peace sweetheart. And may you be up there in heaven, running around with my persian boy, who has passed away 2 years ago as of tomorrow. It's always so hard losing any animal! They become such a huge part of your family. It feels like they are never here on Earth with us long enough. :Cry:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh no, I am so sorry for your loss! :Cry: Sydney was such a beautiful little girl. Rest in Peace sweetheart. And may you be up there in heaven, running around with my persian boy, who has passed away 2 years ago as of tomorrow. It's always so hard losing any animal! They become such a huge part of your family. It feels like they are never here on Earth with us long enough. :Cry:

Thanks so much for the lovely sentiments, Bella. I'm sure that Sydney is with your Persian kitty right now over the Rainbow Bridge, happy and no longer in pain. Even with the HCM, I was fortunate to have Syd around for well over a decade, but the years still went by much too quickly. :Cry:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
As a fellow Siamese lover (2 wedge Seals and an apple Tortie) as well as Sphynx lover (1), my condolences. RIP, Sydney.

Thank you, misobaby. Siamese cats are just as awesome as sphynx cats, albeit in their own different way.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so sorry you lost your Sydney. She was a beautiful girl and you deeply loved her, no doubt she had a wonderful life with you. Though this won't help with the pain, perhaps some day you'll be able to be grateful that she was blessed enough to stay relatively healthy and pass on peacefully in her own home. RIP Sydney and wait at the Bridge for the rest of your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back