Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

In Preparation Research/Questions ..

Cassandra323

Lairian
Hi all! I introduced myself a couple of days ago. We are still a few months out from getting our baby but I have a few questions that I'd like opinions on.

What is your favorite shampoo for your sphynx? Do you use any sort of skin moisturizer?

What is your go to litter?

What food/type of diet?

Any other advice you feel is shareworthy ..

I'll be searching the threads for this info as well but wanted to ask.

Thanks! :cat:

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello :)

I havnt found a shampoo I like yet (only got my girl in December). I use daw dish soap and a soap I picked up at the vet. It has coconut in it which adds moisture.

I use arm and hammer clump and seal (along with the add in dual protection powder, and natures miracle litter spray)

My breeder fed orijens cat and kitten, but it wasn't really working, so I've been switching slowly to Nutrience sub zero. And it's been great so far! But we are still at 50/50 old and new lol so don't know if it's a keeper yet

If you're in a small place/can't take garbage out immediately, I would suggest a litter locker. They are like diaper genies and keep the stink out. I go two weeks without changing it and there is absolutely no smell. And my girl can clear the apartment after she goes poo lol so it works great.

Hope some of this was helpful :)

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Our sphynx's were rescues that came in poor health. These products were from trial and error and advice from our vet. Sometimes you may just have to try a few things and find what works best for your baby. That being said, this is what we will be using for our new baby once he comes home...

I forget the name of the shampoo...but for moisturizing we used a small amount of pure shea butter, or natural hemp lotion. I think I am going to try the new brand being recommended on here for the new lil guy, Buck, called HyLyt (shampoo and the spray) along with the D'grease.
We use Dave's moist food
...it has a high moisture content.
We use Fromm dry food...
....it's grain free.
For litter we use..
...the green tea cuts the smell down. We also use a litter locker! It's scoop able so there is less waste also. Yoshi had horrific smelling poop! Our new breeder uses the Breeze system. We used that with our other 2 at one time but switched because hubby was really unhappy with the Breeze system. We may give it a try with the new baby to see how it works for him. It may be better since there's only one...

I hope this helps a little!!!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all! I introduced myself a couple of days ago. We are still a few months out from getting our baby but I have a few questions that I'd like opinions on.

What is your favorite shampoo for your sphynx? Do you use any sort of skin moisturizer? Many members prefer Hylyt shampoo or D'grease pet shampoo. We just use a regular pet shampoo. No moisturizers, I would only recommend a coconut oil if so, but very little due to it attracting dirt.

What is your go to litter? We like a low dust slumping litter the best.

What food/type of diet? We use Science Diet wet and dry

Any other advice you feel is shareworthy ..

I'll be searching the threads for this info as well but wanted to ask.

Thanks! :cat:
What is your favorite shampoo for your sphynx? Do you use any sort of skin moisturizer? Many members prefer Hylyt shampoo or D'grease pet shampoo. We just use a regular pet shampoo. No moisturizers, I would only recommend a coconut oil if so, but very little due to it attracting dirt.

What is your go to litter? We like a low dust slumping litter the best.

What food/type of diet? We use Science Diet wet and dry

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have used HyLyt Shampoo for several years. I love it.
You shouldn't need a moisturizer, if ever a dry place a small
amount of coconut oil rubbed in. Not much.
I suggest you use the same food your Breeder has the baby on.
As long as the kitten is doing good, eating it, good poo's, don't
change. Because that is worth everything.
A low dust clumping litter.

Pierre

Lairian
Shampoo:
Not sure what you have available where you are as I'm in the uk but I use johnsons baby shampoo and up to now have had no problems. I also use unscented wipes for quick wipe downs between spa days as well as for cleaning the nail beds.

Litter:
Again being in a different country it may be different but I use Sanicat Diamonds aloe Vera scent silica gel. The reason for this being that when Pierre moved in, you could smell his urine down the corridor before even entering our apartment. I tried a few and noticed a immediate difference with this one. Couldn't smell anything.

Food:
I use science plan wet and dry which I think is the same as @admin above. I free feed his dry food and he has about a tablespoon of wet in a morning and evening (if I put more out it just gets wasted)