Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

In Virginia and looking for our new baby kitten

rogerswabbit

Lairian
Hi everyone! I am currently living in the Richmond, Virginia area and looking to expand our family. My husband has wanted a sphynx for years and we feel now is the right time. We had a loving pulik (dog) named Anucshka for 14 years that we lost last year and have a beautiful ragdoll (cat) named Priscella we have had for 15 years. I have been a cat owner all my life and am very excited to find the perfect little bundle of joy for us. If anyone knows breeders in our area we would welcome any help in finding a reputable caring breeder. We are not in a hurry and realize it may take a little time to find what we would like.

I look forward to reading and learning as much as possible during this time. I may not post a lot but I do pay attention to what is said. Thanks for you help and support in advance! ~rogerswabbit

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair! This is a great place to hang out and ask questions while you look for a kitten. I can't help you with a breeder from your area cause I'm from Ohio. Good luck!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello rogerswabbit and welcome to Sphynxlair! There is lots of Sphynx stuff here to read up on and I'm sure a Sphynx will come your way, good luck!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi rogerswabbit and welcome! Best of luck on your sphynx search. So nice to hear it is the husbands idea, usually it takes some talking into so you are off to a great start:ThumbsUp:

Inferno12

Banned
Welcome and good luck in your search. There are so many people in here that can help you find your new baby. In the mean time, there is lots to learn in here

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the site!!!!
Good Luck finding your sphynx!!!!
Please be careful of this one breeder in Virginia she screwed my friend with a HCM pos boy and only cares about winning and she lied to me so I would buy a cat from her.
Thank god I did not buy the kitten.

JacksMom

Banned
Welcome to the lair! Good luck on your search. I wanted one for almost 3 years till I finally got my boy, and let me tell you, he's EVERYTHING I wanted and so much more! Got mine 3 months ago and he's almost 7 months and is the light in my life!!

r.wabbit

Lairian
Hi rogerswabbit and welcome! Best of luck on your sphynx search. So nice to hear it is the husbands idea, usually it takes some talking into so you are off to a great start:ThumbsUp:
hey hey easy now :Wink: I'm her husband the "lesser half" *cough* (since women are the "better half")

We're willing to travels to neighboring states so if anyone has any recommendations PMs are of course welcome. The closer the better so we can visit/see the parents and of course meet the owners. We would also be interested in who to avoid (and why of course). We have found some breeders online, but we would love recommendations from current owners and active members in Sphynx community.:BigSmile:

Ducky01

Lairian
hey hey easy now :Wink: I'm her husband the "lesser half" *cough* (since women are the "better half")

We're willing to travels to neighboring states so if anyone has any recommendations PMs are of course welcome. The closer the better so we can visit/see the parents and of course meet the owners. We would also be interested in who to avoid (and why of course). We have found some breeders online, but we would love recommendations from current owners and active members in Sphynx community.:BigSmile:

I sent you a PM, I too am from VA and the lady who I just bought my boy from I would highly recommend!

r.wabbit

Lairian
Thanks for all the warm welcomes and PMs. The search continues based of a couple of recommendations and we will see what happens. Still open for feedback, the more that we receive will make it easier to narrow our search & make a more informed decision with an end result of a happy and healthy cat in a loving home.

r.wabbit

Lairian
We found a great breeder here in VA and have been communication for the past couple months. Well, we jumped off the deep in and put the deposit down on not one, but two Sphynx (brothers). Here's a couple pictures we took from last weekend. They're about 6.5 weeks old. The black/white is definitely a shoulder sitter with a "you will not hold me, I must climb up onto your shoulder" attitude :ThumbsUp: and the all white one who is very inquisitive, likes to play and then snuggle when he gets tired. :BigSmile:

As for names we think we’ve decided on ChemotHAIRapy for the black/white one and he white one will be Sir Yoda Von Tunastein. But who knows we still have about 5-6 weeks till we pick them up, so I'm sure the names will change at least a dozen times. :LOL:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Is it just me, or do the tiny furballs in the background look like Gizmo's Harriet?:Laugh:

Bella07

Banned
Congratulations! They are gorgeous! Yes, 2 is fantastic. Can't wait to see even more pictures once you bring them home. :BigSmile:

r.wabbit

Lairian
Is it just me, or do the tiny furballs in the background look like Gizmo's Harriet?:Laugh:

The furries in the back ground are actually from another Sphynx litter. They're F2s. That litter had 3 nakeds & 3 furries. The nakeds were all spoken for but the furries are still available.

Back