Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

inexpensive clothes

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Does anyone have some good links to shirts, sweaters, etc that are made for cats that are really inexpensive, or stuff you don't need anymore? I'm trying to stock up on shirts and stuff for the kitten before he comes home, but since I know he'll outgrow everything I buy him I don't want to spend to much on clothes for him right now! I also need to get some turtle necks or something for Haley - Oogie plays rough and is starting to stratch up her beautiful neck with his teeth!

Brooke

Banned
Does anyone have some good links to shirts, sweaters, etc that are made for cats that are really inexpensive, or stuff you don't need anymore? I'm trying to stock up on shirts and stuff for the kitten before he comes home, but since I know he'll outgrow everything I buy him I don't want to spend to much on clothes for him right now! I also need to get some turtle necks or something for Haley - Oogie plays rough and is starting to stratch up her beautiful neck with his teeth!

Yes! Here's a link that Kalliee posted a long time ago on another thread:

http://www.christiespetboutique.com/clothing.htm

They were going out of business back then, so I ordered and got 3 shirts for $10. Just checked and they still have some inventory left! Super, super cheap! (Limited sizes left, but I did see a lot of XS, and XXS for only $3 for plain t shirts and sweatshirts) Thanks Kalliee for that link! :BigSmile:

I have a ton of "gently used" clothes from my first boy, Harold, but he was a hefty 12 pounder, so all of his stuff is probably too baggy for your kids! Plus, I dressed him in hoodies with skulls and crossbones on them!! LOL He was a gangster!

PitRottMommy

Banned
Ebay is always a good place to look for clothes. They're usually marketed under dog clothing though.

I make sweaters and could certainly make a turtleneck specifically fit to Haley's measurements. Here's a link to some of the sweaters I've made in the past, but everything is custom made--so you simply have to have a few requirements to start and the rest is cake from there.

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yes! Here's a link that Kalliee posted a long time ago on another thread:

http://www.christiespetboutique.com/clothing.htm

They were going out of business back then, so I ordered and got 3 shirts for $10. Just checked and they still have some inventory left! Super, super cheap! (Limited sizes left, but I did see a lot of XS, and XXS for only $3 for plain t shirts and sweatshirts) Thanks Kalliee for that link! :BigSmile:

I have a ton of "gently used" clothes from my first boy, Harold, but he was a hefty 12 pounder, so all of his stuff is probably too baggy for your kids! Plus, I dressed him in hoodies with skulls and crossbones on them!! LOL He was a gangster!
Ummm, well, not so sure about that - Oogie's a fattie ROFL I'll weigh him, but if you want to sell some of it - I may be willing to buy some of it off you for Oogie! He's probably atleast 10 lbs if not a little more, like I said, he's a fattie!

I'll check out that other site and see what I can get - could be dangerious with me ROFL I LOVE shopping for dog and cat clothes for my babies!

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ebay is always a good place to look for clothes. They're usually marketed under dog clothing though.

I make sweaters and could certainly make a turtleneck specifically fit to Haley's measurements. Here's a link to some of the sweaters I've made in the past, but everything is custom made--so you simply have to have a few requirements to start and the rest is cake from there.
I don't see a link......

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok, will do! I've looked at your sweaters and love them! Definatly need to get some, but right now I need lighter weight clothes - to hot in Las Vegas for a real sweater this time of year!!!!!!!

PitRottMommy

Banned
I have a world of yarn at my fingertips. If you look at my reviews, I did a custom sweater for Walter (for Brooke) out of cotton. She lives in Florida. Bamboo may be a wonderful choice for you guys because it wicks moisture and it keeps cool. In many cases, I go searching for a specific yarn. Nothing I've ever sold has ever been sitting in my stash at home. When I say that you get a custom sweater, I truly mean its custom--right down to what type of yarn its made from.

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have a world of yarn at my fingertips. If you look at my reviews, I did a custom sweater for Walter (for Brooke) out of cotton. She lives in Florida. Bamboo may be a wonderful choice for you guys because it wicks moisture and it keeps cool. In many cases, I go searching for a specific yarn. Nothing I've ever sold has ever been sitting in my stash at home. When I say that you get a custom sweater, I truly mean its custom--right down to what type of yarn its made from.
Cool! Now I'm very tempted LOL I'll have to see what I can afford -Money's a tiny bit tight with the new baby Sphynx coming, but as soon as my bank account recovers from buying him and all the new kitten vet bills and fun stuff that always comes with a new baby, I'll have to order at least one per cat!!!!! I might wait on the baby until he's grown and stick with cheap clothes for him right now, I hate to spend a fortune on tiny clothes I KNOW he'll outgrow in a few weeks LOL

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Luvmysphynx, this may not sound like the usual place to get pet items, but I've purchased several super cheap t-shirts and sweaters for my sphynx Piglet at Ross Dress for Less, of all places! The pet clothing items are all usually marked between $2.99 - $4.99. Most of the pet clothing at Ross are for dogs, but I have purchased there some CFA clothing items designed for cats, too.

Although I would highly recommend ordering at least one nice sweater from Sami, too!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I've gotten tons of cheap clothes for Meecho at ross and wal-mart. also in addition to the sight that is going out of business here is another site that usually has stuff fairly cheap or on sale for great prices.

http://superstarpetlovers.com/

I think if Meecho had her way my computer would crash and I would lose that site :BigSmile:

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I've tried Walmart, Target, and Ross here - Problem is here in Vegas, everyone has these purse dogs, and I can never find sizes that would fit my cats! They've usually only got bigger sizes for bigger dogs! I did get Haley a couple dresses at Walmart for like $3 a piece, but that's just cute, that does nothing to keep her warm LOL

PitRottMommy

Banned
Lydia, thought I'd let you know that I'm hosting a Summer Sweater Sale. See the Pet Products section of the forum if you're interested.

Back