Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Infections from Suckling on ears

prairiesphynx

Lairian
Hello,

My 3 month old seal point female shpynx kitten has started suckling on my ear lobes at night and I was curious to know if I could get any infections from her saliva getting into my ear canal? I know it's a silly question but I am just wondering :)

Emily0404

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello,

My 3 month old seal point female shpynx kitten has started suckling on my ear lobes at night and I was curious to know if I could get any infections from her saliva getting into my ear canal? I know it's a silly question but I am just wondering :)
I don't think you can? I know a few members have suckled so I expect they'll chime in with experiences :) how cute!!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Highly unlikely - but never out of the question. Disease is more commonly found if your pet is an outdoor pet. An indoor pet is MUCH more likely not to carry illnesses like rabies. Also, any bacteria would be more susceptible to an individual with a compromised immune system. Zoonotic disease or "Zoonoses" are diseases that can be passed from an animal to a human. A few common diseases that a fall in this category are:

• Cat scratch disease. or "Cat scratch fever."
  • Rabies.
  • Toxoplasmosis - Cleaning the litter box and putting your hand in your mouth without washing them.
  • Ringworm

Inflamed

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@admin gave you some good information.
Just wanted to ask if it isn't very loud? I know when Samael suckles on Lucifer it's pretty loud so I can imagine it's almost deafening when a kitty does it on your ear :eek:

Back