Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Input please. If I am wrong... tell me.

Klcklc1285

Lairian
Ok. I don’t know why I can’t get this cat off my mind but it’s going to drive me nuts. On one of the threads about Tiger... the sphynx is Connecticut who was rehomed with a lair member and suddenly flipped out and ripped him up went to animal control in NY. Uuugghhh this is a lot to type but I’m gunna get this out. Ok. So before I knew of the exact animal control that had Tiger. I searched all the animal controls in NY... i called and emailed and let them all know I was worried about this sphynx and if they have him please call me. (Remember all of this was before I knew the exact location). So AFTER i found out his exact location.... i realized I had already spoke with THREE people at this exact place. (I did not know at first). Each person I spoke with said they had not taken in any sphynx in a long time. I even spoke with one woman who has access to all of the centers in New York. (She was very nice and tried really hard but could not find anything). I was super persistent and annoying and made sure they checked well. I even called back once because At first I had them looking from October 29th and so on So after being told the exact location... i called again. Spoke with someone different.... explained that this is the location that he was taken to... she put me on hold and then said that “the cat” has already been placed. I asked if he was placed with an experienced sphynx owner? ( i kno Im annoying lol). She said he was placed with a rescue. I asked for the name of the rescue. She said she is not allowed to give that information. I then again asked (just to make sure) i said “ok, so he is not in a humane society or anything right?” She said correct. He isnwith a rescue. Sooooo am i over thinking stuff or are you guys thinking the same as me????

Klcklc1285

Lairian
Soooo if so called all those times BEFORE knowing the exact location and they could not find anything on him....... how did they find him so quick after i KNEW his exact location??? Am I overdoing this??? I won’t get offended or anything. Lol. I’m pretty easy going. But I can’t stop thinking about that damn cat and I need some peace of mind.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I don’t really know what to think on this either. My suspicion is not that he was euthanized, but that someone wanted him right away. Maybe an animal control employee? But I am VERY suspicious that they won’t tell you the shelter name. There is no reason for them not to- that is not protected information. In fact, they should be eager to tell people this information because it increases the chance of successful adoption. On that element I think they are lying about something. Ask them why exactly they can’t tell you this information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Klcklc1285

Lairian
I don’t really know what to think on this either. My suspicion is not that he was euthanized, but that someone wanted him right away. Maybe an animal control employee? But I am VERY suspicious that they won’t tell you the shelter name. There is no reason for them not to- that is not protected information. In fact, they should be eager to tell people this information because it increases the chance of successful adoption. On that element I think they are lying about something. Ask them why exactly they can’t tell you this information?

Yah. I don’t feel right about it. I feel like they should tell me the name fin the shelter as well. I mean... if someone from the shelter took him ... i ok with that. As long as they aren’t going to

Klcklc1285

Lairian
Yah. I don’t feel right about it. I feel like they should tell me the name fin the shelter as well. I mean... if someone from the shelter took him ... i ok with that. As long as they aren’t going to
Stud him out or anything. That’s what scares me. I just feel like I need to know where he is and that he is ok. I just can’t stand it. It’s gojng to be on my mind constantly.

Dublin Riis

Lairian
@Klcklc1285 I thought of the "stud" thing too. People don't care and just want to make $$. They'll throw a female in heat in with him at the drop of a hat. The fact that the cat has issues and bites doesn't matter to them. Could very well be because he's been declawed if I remember correctly. I hear this procedure can make a cat unmanageable down the road. I'd swear no one did the right thing with this cat, once he was placed but do I pray it didn't happen that way and I'm wrong...? YES, I PRAY I'm WRONG! I run into people ALL THE TIME who say they'd love to own a Sphynx cat. Most of them don't have a CLUE about the kind of work it takes to keep one...happy and healthy. Of course once we get used to the process, it's all routine after that, But without that knowledge and he's placed into the wrong hands, I feel quite bad for this Sphynxs' future.

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had not read the original thread, but I have caught up with the back story to this thread now, and it really saddens me... I can't help but think that this cat's aggression is down to more than being intact! I sure do feel sorry for this poor boy and the whole animal control situation sounds very worrying :cautious: Another thing that REALLY bothers me is that he's been declawed!! I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can have that done to their own family member!? I can't help but question the general care or love for the cat from an owner that would have that done! There might have been some (other) mistreatment in his first home as well..?? Why would you get a cat if you won't accept the fact that they have CLAWS! Sorry, you might have noticed that the topic angers me a bit..!

@Klcklc1285 I sure admire your persistence, and all I can say is to keep at it and get the answers you're looking for! If he's in a rescue, then there's no reason they can give you the details, like other members have stated. ((Big hugs and positive thoughts!! ))

Sheldon13

Staff member
Here he is! @Klcklc1285
f18009640f3aac312c38069a36db982b.png

Klcklc1285

Lairian
I had not read the original thread, but I have caught up with the back story to this thread now, and it really saddens me... I can't help but think that this cat's aggression is down to more than being intact! I sure do feel sorry for this poor boy and the whole animal control situation sounds very worrying :cautious: Another thing that REALLY bothers me is that he's been declawed!! I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can have that done to their own family member!? I can't help but question the general care or love for the cat from an owner that would have that done! There might have been some (other) mistreatment in his first home as well..?? Why would you get a cat if you won't accept the fact that they have CLAWS! Sorry, you might have noticed that the topic angers me a bit..!

@Klcklc1285 I sure admire your persistence, and all I can say is to keep at it and get the answers you're looking for! If he's in a rescue, then there's no reason they can give you the details, like other members have stated. ((Big hugs and positive thoughts!! ))
I completely agree. That pisses me off so bad. You do NOT declaw a cat. I haaaaaaate that. I would never do that to my babies. That is their defense. I feel so bad for him. He’s probably been treated so poorly and will never know love. Makes me so mad i could spit.

Yoda mom

Staff member
All paws crossed for a purrfect forever home for Tiger .
Thanks to all for following up and sharing his info so perhaps he can find a forever home

Back