Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Insulting my cat

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I allready posted this for Nofuratu on facebook but thought I would share on here as well.
Nofuratu and I opened a thrift store where all profits go to charity. We run strictly on donations and are doing really well! He comes with me to work 4 days a week and naps in his coffin most of the time. Sometimes he runs around.
I put signs up at all the exits with his photo that say "please dont let the cat out he doesnt have his coat on!"
After years of working at the local flea market I have heard lots of ridiculous things but last week these two old hags came into the store and were going on and on very LOUDLY about "how ugly the naked cat is" and "he needs to stay right where he is and not come any where near us" and "isnt he the ugliest thing you've seen" etc.
Then they went over to his coffin to look at him, and asked me "how does he keep warm?"
I managed to refrain from telling them how stupid their question was and just said "Well its not from all your compliments, thats for sure!"...One of the ladies said "Pardon me?" So I repeated myself and walked away. I was SO mad!!!
Nofuratu just stared at them.
I think he was trying to make their heads explode with his telekinesis.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Go Nofuratu- blow them up with your mind powers:LOL: If people can't appreciate the beauty in these creatures, then they need to **** off:Surprise: can I say that?

Inferno12

Banned
People have no respect for anything. I hate when people talk bad about my cats. When they say they are ugly I just tell them I think their kids are ugly too! I hate when people cant keep their mouths shut. Did their mom not tell them if they didnt have anything nice to day then not to say anything at all???

Im sorry for their stupidity

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Get em, Nofur!!!! I love how he sleeps in a coffin!!!! Is it a mini coffin?

Here are some pics of it. We used to use it as his cage when he was doing the "pageant circut". We have removed the clear plastic enclosure so its just an open box now.
It is technically 1/3 of a regular adult human coffin. The other 2/3 is in our hearse. We had to cut the end of the coffin because a full one wouldnt fit in the hearse anymore after we had back seats put in for the kids. There are lots more pics on his blog "Adventures of a Naked Cat"

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
"he needs to stay right where he is and not come any where near us" and "isnt he the ugliest thing you've seen" etc. Then they went over to his coffin to look at him, and asked me "how does he keep warm?"

And so when the kitty in question obliges them and stays the heck away, they just can't stand it and have to drag their happy asses right over to him.

People are the stupidest damn things ever, I swear it.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
ok, that coffin is the COOLEST thing ever!!!!:Cool:

My reply when someone says what an ugly cat/dog is usually: "She was thinking the same thing about you, but was too polite to say it" :LOL: ....I crack me up!

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

My reply when someone says what an ugly cat/dog is usually: "She was thinking the same thing about you, but was too polite to say it" :LOL: ....I crack me up!

Perfect comment!!! I'll try that one if the occasion arrises:BigSmile:

Chameleon924

Lairian
I'm sorry you had to go thru that! That's horrible! I work at a vets office and a lot of the ppl that come in think Splashie is 'odd' looking but once they pet her and she nuzzels them they take to her.

I did have a lady say my true hairless chinese crested was the ugliest dog she has ever seen. She said it right to my face! I told her 'If he was 1/2 as ugly as your annyoning brat running around our office I'd really be in trouble!' Needless to say my boss way NOT happy! LOL. I don't care, I have a big mouth and bad temper.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I LOVE the little sign you have- now, that is soo cute sounding!

As for your baby... I just have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when people start crap like that. What is the POINT? It would be like telling a mother her child is ugly. Maybe YOU don't find the child cute- but does saying it change things? It only hurts people's feelings. I know people don't care for Sphynx- but most of them simply haven't given the breed a chance (that's what warms my heart the most- that MOST people are easily won over once they get over the shock factor). But then again- any breed of dog or cat- someone isn't going to like. My Frenchie? I know some people think she's just a fat meatball of a dog- and that she's not cute. To me- she's a dollbaby- even if she looks like a meatball!

BlueGirl

Lairian
so sorry you had to deal with that. There's just no need. Luckly in Scotland I havnt had people be down right rude, (they just tend to be shocked or curious) but I dont think I could have kept as calm, you did very well not to tell them where to go!

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
I LOVE the little sign you have- now, that is soo cute sounding!

As for your baby... I just have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when people start crap like that. What is the POINT? It would be like telling a mother her child is ugly. Maybe YOU don't find the child cute- but does saying it change things? It only hurts people's feelings. I know people don't care for Sphynx- but most of them simply haven't given the breed a chance (that's what warms my heart the most- that MOST people are easily won over once they get over the shock factor). But then again- any breed of dog or cat- someone isn't going to like. My Frenchie? I know some people think she's just a fat meatball of a dog- and that she's not cute. To me- she's a dollbaby- even if she looks like a meatball!

In my world, meatballs are a beautiful thing! Mmmmmmm meatballs ... *drool* :LOL:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

OMG!!! I love that!!! Im totally going to say that next time....let you know what happens! LOL

lawgrl

Lairian
Ugh. I seriously don't understand why stupid people NEVER seem to be able to keep their mouths shut!!! :Angry: I swear there's some sort of inverse correlation between lack of brain power and a compulsion to run their mouths...I don't get it.

Airie111

Lairian
I've gotten, "where is it, I'm scared to see it," and " I prefer my cats with hair." They all come in like that and they want to take Daisy with them when they leave...

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I agree, they somehow seem to "grow" on you Arie111! Welcome to the Lair by the way! My mother and sister in-law where here for thanksgiving yesterday and are always saying "It's ugly!" or "It's just a cat" then hours later amazed by how this "cat" just perches on your shoulder like a parrot at his own convenience while eating cranberry cake from a fork like a 2 year old child, and none of them can seem to keep their hands off of him for the remainder of the day! :LOL:

Bella07

Banned
OK now I am mad too. At Thanksgiving dinner, I was talking to some family friends about how I am planning to get a Sphynx next year! I showed them some pictures with my iPhone, and that is when the disgusting jokes came. They claimed that sphynx kittens look like rats, and if they ever saw one walking around they'd want to squash it. They went on and on about how ugly they were, and they hated their wrinkles.....:Angry: I was/am furious. The only one nice thing that they said was that they have beautiful eyes. Very true, but these beautiful babies are in no way rats :Angry:

TotenEngel

Banned
OK now I am mad too. At Thanksgiving dinner, I was talking to some family friends about how I am planning to get a Sphynx next year! I showed them some pictures with my iPhone, and that is when the disgusting jokes came. They claimed that sphynx kittens look like rats, and if they ever saw one walking around they'd want to squash it. They went on and on about how ugly they were, and they hated their wrinkles.....:Angry: I was/am furious. The only one nice thing that they said was that they have beautiful eyes. Very true, but these beautiful babies are in no way rats :Angry:

Don't worry, they'll come round as soon as they meet her/him! Everyone that has initially seen Smeagol is a bit 'ummm.....' but they all leave saying he is adorable!

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
people are SO rude! Excuse the fact that you're doing a good deed, that the cat ISN'T bothering them... i think what you said back was right on the button!! :)

When Alice was first born I carried a photo of her around in my purse. And I'd pull it out to look at when I needed to cheer up. One of my friends (so called) saw it and started talking about how Alice looked like a little rat and such. I got really mad and told her to leave me alone.

I know they do look a bit odd at 1 week bit still. The same friend insists on telling me EVERYTIME she seems me that she remembers when Alice looked like a rat. I always want to punch her.

Alice doesn't like this friend, and always refuses to look at her.