Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Interested in adopting in the Portland Oregon area

Mgroomer1970

Lairian
Hi
My daughter and I are interested in finding a sphynx available for adoption. We are both adults and groomers. We have a hairless dog and have been wanting to add a hairless cat to our lives.
Please message me if you know of anything. Thanks,
Misti

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Mgroomer1970 welcme! All paws crossed the sphnyx stars align!
We have several members in your area! Stay positive and keep active with us !
I adopted two from a member , one retiree , and one on impulse from ad ( I got extremely lucky I didn't get scammed ) after my first Sphynx suddenly passed away .
Be sure to check out the responsible breeder thread and fraud alert thread

What to expect from a responsible sphynx breeder

How to Detect fraud sphynx cat adoption ads

You can also check with a responsible breeder for any upcoming retirees

DivaMom

Lairian
Hi
My daughter and I are interested in finding a sphynx available for adoption. We are both adults and groomers. We have a hairless dog and have been wanting to add a hairless cat to our lives.
Please message me if you know of anything. Thanks,
Misti
Misti, could you please tell me more about yourself and your daughter. I have had my Sphynx for 4 years and started having allergy problems soon after getting her. I love her so much that I was willing to struggle with the allergies. I started allergy shots, various meds, and even saw a pulmonologist for a while due to breathing issues. I spent the holidays away from the cat for two weeks and didn't have one single allergy issue. It will break my heart to rehome her, but if I can be reassured that she is getting a great home and family, it would make all the difference in the world. Like you, I've also had hairless dogs -- two Chinese Cresteds and a long-time Xolo foster. I am located in Texas, but it is more important for me to find the perfect home than to worry about the distance.
@Mgroomer1970

Last edited by a moderator: