Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Interested in adopting, Virginia, Richmond area

Remmythehun

Lairian
Hello! My name is Asia and this is my first post on this site. I had always loved cats but never really considered Sphynx cats until I hung out with a friend in high school who had two of them. We were close so i was at her house practically every day and I absolutely adored her cats. After that I was obsessed and have wanted to have one of my own ever since. I never had the time to actually own one though so I held off on getting one, now that I do have time- I can’t find any in my area! So I post this in hopes of finding a kitty in need of a home or even just a foster somewhere near me. I have experience with special needs animals as well, so taking in someone who needs a little extra care would be no sweat either. So thanks for reading anyone who bothered to! My email is asia.boyd49@gmail.com

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Remmythehun welcome to the lair family a, jump in and enjoy with is while the Sphynx stars align

Che,c here often
Several of us have adopted from members and as well as retirees from reputable breeders
Be sure to check out the info center for great threads to prep for Sphynx life
Sphynx Cat Help Center
How to Detect fraud sphynx cat adoption ads

What to expect from a responsible sphynx breeder

You can check with reputable breeders for upcoming retirees

Bless you for your dedication to special needs animals
Ps love your avatar pic! Name?

Remmythehun

Lairian
@Remmythehun welcome to the lair family a, jump in and enjoy with is while the Sphynx stars align

Che,c here often
Several of us have adopted from members and as well as retirees from reputable breeders
Be sure to check out the info center for great threads to prep for Sphynx life
Sphynx Cat Help Center
How to Detect fraud sphynx cat adoption ads

What to expect from a responsible sphynx breeder

You can check with reputable breeders for upcoming retirees

Bless you for your dedication to special needs animals
Ps love your avatar pic! Name?
Thank you for all the wonderful information! I will definitely be checking those out. And my goats name is graycen :) he’s a sweetheart

StacyD

Lairian
I like you wanted to adopt a sphynx. Well actually my teenage daughter. We found Ace at age 2 on this sight. We checked near every day for months before one became available close enough (3 hours away). Ace was challenging at first - he wasn't neutered, peed on our floors. His owner told us he hadn't done this with her, but I guess the new home made him territorial. We had to keep him in small room with his liter box, or leash him in our living room, awaiting his appointment to get neutered. But all ended well & now he's a well behaved kitty. We love him to pieces and feel so lucky to have found him. Good luck in your search. Maybe our situation was unusual, but be prepared to face some challenges at first. But it was all worth it!