Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Interesting dog story on our local news

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thought it was so interesting...This made our local news today.

A guy takes his dog in to be put to sleep because the dog isn't doing well.... he decides to take the dogs remains home so he can bury it the next day at his family's property.... He goes to get the dog to take him up north to bury him and THE DOG IS ALIVE!!

Here's the article (you have to copy and paste the url): One Man Puts Dog to Sleep, Wakes Up Next Morning and Pooch Is Still Alive

The vet hospital is giving the guy a refund... but if the dog was already not doing well, how is he affected by the medicine they gave him to put him to sleep, ya know?? :(

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, I don't know if I'd be able to go through that again. I think I'd take it as a sign that it's not her time yet.:Dizzy:

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
from what he has said in the video he is planning on putting her to sleep again. i dont think i could go thrue with it if it were me i would take it as a sign that it just was not her time to go.
on the other hand the vet could be to blame for not giving the correct dosage the drug could merely of sent her into a deep sleep as a result she is alive and panting.
bless her she is one tough cookie

Bella07

Banned
Aaawww, imagine how difficult that would be to go through. That beautiful dog must still want to hang around for a little while longer! Lots of prayers and good thoughts to that family.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Phoenix i think you're right... it sounds like the dog can't walk, saying she has "hip problems" as a result of "spinal" issues.
i couldn't imagine having to put my dog down twice. that poor guy.... that poor dog... :(

I don't know if I could do it. I'd take it as a sign that she wasn't ready to die, but then again the thought of putting any of my babies down is just too hard for me. Unless they were suffering and I couldn't help, I couldn't just give up one them. I would feel bad.:Cry:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just saw an update on the news about this. The guy is now looking for an adoption home for Mia. He says he can't bare to go through putting her down again. She has a spinal cord problem and problems with her hips, so i dont think she walks very good/if at all. He's choosing to rehome her, rather then put her down again.

I understand somewhat where he's coming from....although i'm not sure i agree with his decision. I would keep the dog or try and put it back down. - although i'm not in the situation, so i can't say for sure.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Having a beloved pet with a painful spinal problem is hard enough to watch. The gentleman mentioned in the video that the vet had advised him to put Mia down to end her suffering. It must have been a heartwrenchng decision the first time. Not to mention he must have loved her enought to take the "body' back home so he could bury her on his grandfather's property. I feel sorry for the guy. He must feel so guilty about his first decision, Mia's incredible survival, and all the media coverage that he can't bring himself to go through it again.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
right.. exactly. I have no idea how he must be feeling. :( i just couldn't imagine. Like i said, i know what i'd say now- but i'm not in his position... i dont truly know what he's feeling.... none of us do- no body does! i have never heard of this happening!! the news said this morning that they got a response from the vet saying something along the lines of "we must not have given enough medicine" - UM DUH!!!! ugh!!
the poor guy kept saying how much his dog was his best friend, his protector. i guess the dog tried to bite the vet right before they put him down. the guy said it was to protect him- although maybe the dog knew something we didn't... hmmmm j/k
that poor man... and poor Mia :(

Back