Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

internal kitty clock

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sophie's internal kitty clock is wanting to wake me earlier and earlier! She's so smart about it though - she only gets earlier by a minute at a time so I figure I'll just get up. Well after a few weeks of this she's really pushing it!

BTW it is so weird what sphynx will try to eat- I was cutting an avocado this morning and she thought she wanted some! :Dizzy:

Brooke

Banned
Sophie's internal kitty clock is wanting to wake me earlier and earlier! She's so smart about it though - she only gets earlier by a minute at a time so I figure I'll just get up. Well after a few weeks of this she's really pushing it!

BTW it is so weird what sphynx will try to eat- I was cutting an avocado this morning and she thought she wanted some! :Dizzy:

Walter is the only one of my cats that wakes me up in the morning. I think the other 3 are afraid so they put him up to it. He ever so gently bites the tip of my nose. It used to be very effective way to get me up and out of bed! Now I've started putting a blanket over my face when the cats start moving around because I know my nose is about to get it... The worst part about early morning kitty wake up calls...they don't realize it's Saturday. :LOL::Angry:

PS- Careful with the avocado, the pits are toxic to cats. My guys would see that pit as a toy and try to run off with it!!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Luckily 'daddy' does the morning feeds so he's the one who gets hit in the face and bitten at 6am while i carry on sleeping :LOL::LOL: But (so my other half tells me!) he has been known to wake him at 3:30-4am for foods....sure am glad it's not me!!! :LOL:

X

Brooke

Banned
Luckily 'daddy' does the morning feeds so he's the one who gets hit in the face and bitten at 6am while i carry on sleeping :LOL::LOL: But (so my other half tells me!) he has been known to wake him at 3:30-4am for foods....sure am glad it's not me!!! :LOL:

X

:LOL::LOL: LUCKY!!!

PitRottMommy

Banned
My three are guilty of the same thing. Baldwin is the one who is sent to start it, though, because he churdles. The other cats meow (and Buck can be downright annoying...he sounds like a kid screaming some days). Because Baldwin is so quiet and his churdle is so low pitched, he can stand right in front of me and not become annoying. The other cats, they've learned, get yelled at. And I'm not above putting a water bottle on my night stand for those who think they need to stand out of reach and repeatedly vocalize.

I just went from working daytime back to emergency (night time) medicine. So, wakeup calls at 5am aren't funny anymore. lol.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Walter is the only one of my cats that wakes me up in the morning. I think the other 3 are afraid so they put him up to it. He ever so gently bites the tip of my nose. It used to be very effective way to get me up and out of bed! Now I've started putting a blanket over my face when the cats start moving around because I know my nose is about to get it... The worst part about early morning kitty wake up calls...they don't realize it's Saturday. :LOL::Angry:

PS- Careful with the avocado, the pits are toxic to cats. My guys would see that pit as a toy and try to run off with it!!

:Hysterical: I hope Sophie doesn't start biting my nose!
Thanks for the avocado pit tip- I will definitely keep them away.

Sophie does a strange meow as a wake up call- like a low meow- its weird! Then starts batting me in the face. I usually hide my face at that point and she'll start reaching under the pillow or scratching at the blankets. It's annoying but cute at the same time. Her antics work- even on weekends (unfortunately for me!) :LOL:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, I guess I'm lucky! None of my cats try to wake me up in the mornings, not even Piglet. They all would sleep in until noon if they could.

Piglet does like to eat the oddest things, though...my niece was eating potato chips with her sandwich the other day, so Piglet decided to help herself to some. She also gets really interested in some of the fruit I eat, which is really weird.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Snuffie has a thing for waking up Jimmy but not me. I'm a much better sleeper than him and she doesn't have to do much to make him wake up. She usually wakes him up at 3am tho wanting to play. Any suggestions for a kitty who has her night and days mixed up?!? lol

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Harry's kitty clock is always set at 45 minutes earlier than mine no matter what time I need to be up. He always gets me up so that when I finely fall back to sleep my non-kitty alarm rings. His preferred method is vigorious head buts and rubs to my face. Then he lays on my neck and purrs in my ear. Kinda cute and kinda disturbing because he drools a bit when he purrs. :Dizzy:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Snuffie has a thing for waking up Jimmy but not me. I'm a much better sleeper than him and she doesn't have to do much to make him wake up. She usually wakes him up at 3am tho wanting to play. Any suggestions for a kitty who has her night and days mixed up?!? lol

I'm not sure how old Snuffie is but when I first got Sophie I had to tire her out for an hour and a half before bed and that would put her out for the night. I didn't want her wandering the house at night and I had to keep the door open so she had access to her litter box. Plus Joe works nights so any time he is off and actually asleep at night its a blessing.

I'd use undercover mouse since its interactive and also things that make her jump around.

Now I just play with her during the evening and when its bed time she doesn't wake me til morning.

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Lemmy is pretty go about not waking us up, but when he does he usually bites us or pounces and attacks arms and legs!!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I'm not sure how old Snuffie is but when I first got Sophie I had to tire her out for an hour and a half before bed and that would put her out for the night. I didn't want her wandering the house at night and I had to keep the door open so she had access to her litter box. Plus Joe works nights so any time he is off and actually asleep at night its a blessing.

I'd use undercover mouse since its interactive and also things that make her jump around.

Now I just play with her during the evening and when its bed time she doesn't wake me til morning.

Snuffie will be 10 mths old in 2 days. She defintley played hard most of the day and night today. I can only recall a few cat naps. Had a little scare, she got tangled in my boyfriends boot strings and took off down the hall with the boot a draggin behind her. She is fine and did not get hurt thankgod but it was scary and halarious all at the same time because she was in the midst of her crazyness and all you could see was this boot flying across the room and down the hall and hearing it beat on the wall. I'm glad she is ok tho. I turned on all the lights and gave her a good look over. lol She was fine other than her heart going 90 miles an hour. I bet she will sleep well tonight. Thanks for the ideas. Typically when we go to bed she comes a running in to claim her spot and we play with her there for a half hour to 45 minutes or so. Depends on what time we end up turning in for the night but I'll try stretching it out a lil more.
New rule in the house - any shoes with shoe strings must be put in the closet!:Sweat:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Have any of you ever seen "Simon's Cat" cartoons? It is a cartoon video. There is a hilarious one where the cat is trying to wake him up. I think every cat owner can relate to this. Here is the utube link

Nofuratu is addicted to yogurt......probiotic....any flavor.

Last edited by a moderator:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes I love Simon's cat! It was Sophie's breeder that first showed it to me. Now I can't get enough! :LOL:

ckutkuhn7 - Snuffie certainly gets a lot of playtime! It seems you can never wear out a sphynx sometimes. As much as I play with Sophie she always wants more. They say kittens have 2 speeds- full out or dead asleep. :Hysterical:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Simon's cat is hilarious.

My bedroom is a no cat zone, my husband has really bad allergies so the bedroom and our bed is off limits so hubby can have one place thats his own.

Its easier to ignore early morning wake up calls when a door is between you :BigSmile:

susi794

Staff member
Simon's Cat was hilarious! I'd seen it before but had forgotten all about it.....thanks for putting some chuckles in my evening!
Hugs!
Susi and the gang

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am lucky, Mo is so lazy. He NEVER wants to get up! He pulls a face and scrunches his eyes up when I turn the light on in the morning as if to say, TURN THAT LIGHT OUT!!! LOL. But he does like his food, so that usually gets him up. He is always after my food too. There are certain things he always wants ie. crisps, chips, yogurt, cheese, toast, bananas! I try to keep him away coz it doesn't do him any favors. LOL

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My 5e seems to have no routine -- when he wants to sleep or play or eat can happen at any time day or night.

It's nice in that he matches my house schedule: one day we'll turn in at 8 pm, another we stay up 'till dawn.

the only down side is that it makes it a bit difficult to tell how 5e is feeling, as activity level is typically the first indicator of any problems.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Yes I love Simon's cat! It was Sophie's breeder that first showed it to me. Now I can't get enough! :LOL:

ckutkuhn7 - Snuffie certainly gets a lot of playtime! It seems you can never wear out a sphynx sometimes. As much as I play with Sophie she always wants more. They say kittens have 2 speeds- full out or dead asleep. :Hysterical:

Oh yes! I usually play with her wth her toys or with paper balls and she rough plays with my boyfriend. It's funny how she knows the difference and knows I "DO NOT" rough play and that daddy will. So she comes to either one of us depending upon what she is up for. :ThumbsUp::Smile:

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It's really funny to hear everyone's wake up calls! Silly kitties.

I woke up this morning will Stella sleeping across my face. That was unusual. One side of my face was nice and sweaty!:Dizzy: She usually doesn't try to wake me in the mornings unless it's a weekend. Obviously because I'm sleeping longer and they want their food! If her meowing isn't working, she'll have to knock stuff off the dresser or scratch the mirror. Anything to get my attention.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It's really funny to hear everyone's wake up calls! Silly kitties.

I woke up this morning will Stella sleeping across my face. That was unusual. One side of my face was nice and sweaty!:Dizzy: She usually doesn't try to wake me in the mornings unless it's a weekend. Obviously because I'm sleeping longer and they want their food! If her meowing isn't working, she'll have to knock stuff off the dresser or scratch the mirror. Anything to get my attention.

That's funny! Sophie has slept cheek to cheek with me a couple times and it got a little sticky :LOL:.

Back