Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Danniej

Lairian
Hi all! So I have a small Maltese mix, who is about a year old. She's been around hairy cats before and other dogs. I'll be getting my new kitten in a few days and was wondering if you all have tips on introductions. Jinx's breeder has no dogs so Jinx has probably never even seen a dog, so I am a little nervous. I'm sure it depends on the personalities of both animals but i'd like to attempt to make it as easy as possible for both of my babies. Tips and any links you might have would be greatly appreciated!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all! So I have a small Maltese mix, who is about a year old. She's been around hairy cats before and other dogs. I'll be getting my new kitten in a few days and was wondering if you all have tips on introductions. Jinx's breeder has no dogs so Jinx has probably never even seen a dog, so I am a little nervous. I'm sure it depends on the personalities of both animals but i'd like to attempt to make it as easy as possible for both of my babies. Tips and any links you might have would be greatly appreciated!
Although the post was for cat to cat intro - same concept- Introducing a new adult sphynx cat or sphynx kitten into the home :)

Draculaura

Lairian
I'll be watching this with interest and also reading the above link.
I too have a dog who'll be meeting the new kitten in a few weeks time. He's always been fine around cats and was happy to live alongside my mums when we were there for a short period of time.
Yet, I'm still slightly nervous. I'd like both parties to be happy with the arrangement :)

Back