Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Introducing a new baby

Hi everyone

We just brought home a new baby yesterday. My older one was fine and playful but a little bit weird about the baby. He is now standing over the baby and putting his mouth around the baby’s neck. Baby isn’t yelling at all though. Should we be worried? Is this normal behavior? I know it’s to show dominance but will it subside?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@GrimmsMom ,Happy Gotcha! Look forward to your journey with us !
You will see many of us with multiple kitty households -
Often just a little adjustment time -

Introducing a new adult sphynx cat or sphynx kitten into the home

Several of us set up a kitty room amd do slow introductions and keep separated in the beginning when we are not home .

You will see many threads about introductions with suggestions
It's a big new world for both kitties

Look forward to lots of pics and tales!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Congrats on the new baby. Things will subside. They are just figuring who’s the boss. I always had great luck at playing with a string toy like DaBird where I can swing the toy between them so they focus on the toy, not one another.

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the Lair. I wouldnt worry if there is no crying, growling or hissing involved. Just keep an eye out.

Last edited:

DebZ

Lairian
Hi everyone

We just brought home a new baby yesterday. My older one was fine and playful but a little bit weird about the baby. He is now standing over the baby and putting his mouth around the baby’s neck. Baby isn’t yelling at all though. Should we be worried? Is this normal behavior? I know it’s to show dominance but will it subside?
My big fur kitty Thor loves to play with the kittens he does the same thing I just monitor him.

Attachments

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair. Congrats with your new baby. Sounds like normal playing. Playfights can look a bit rough. Here's my boy Toa telling kitten Foxy who's the boss:)

20181110_143833.jpg

Attachments