Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Introducing Caber!

Arke

Lairian
Hello everyone!

I've been lurking here for about 4 months and it seems like a really great community. I've been looking into sphynxes for several years, but have only come into the position to get one in the last six months or so. I adore these big eared monkey cats!

My gotcha day is in about two weeks - on 19/05 I'll be bringing home this little fellow:

20180418_185347.jpg

20180426_202225.jpg

I'm absolutely in love!

He's been through many names in my home, but I've settled on Caber as it seems to suit him best (other options were Starboy (because he has a white patch on his back) and Ramuh (my original pick but I don't think he looks like a Ramuh)). Caber was a Celtic god of bards and speed, and the breeder has told me he's quite the mischief maker.

He will be my first sphynx, and whilst I've done as much research as I can, both here and other sites, I'd be grateful for any tips/things you wish you knew when you started out!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair! You have to be off the charts excited. I think the name Caber is strong and u inquest...love it.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome! What an adorable little man you have yourself there! The days must feel like weeks waiting, but its all worth it once he comes home :happy:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Arke welcome to sphynxlair. Caber is very handsome. Love the colours on his face and his blue eyes. They way he looks into the camera...such a little heartbreaker. Love the name Caber!

Arke

Lairian
Thank you all for the kind welcomes and nice words. The breeder just sent me a video of him and all his siblings playing around and now my excitement is peaking again! I hope I raise him well, I'd love to have a nakid as friendly and affectionate as some of the ones I've seen here.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Arke , welcome to the lair family ! Glad you decided to join officially amd share adorable Caber with us!
So exicted for you ! Keep us updated often ! Will be counting down to gotcha day with you !

Here is a great link
Sphynx Cat Help Center

Feel free to ask any questions! Lotuses in your are can chime in with supplies etc available in your area

Look forward to your journey with us !
Be sure to kitty proof home and all toys for life!
They are Sooo cuddly and mischief!

A warm blanket form the drier is nice for bonding :)

If you have others pets , recommend slow introductions as mentioned on the forum

Also check your contract to see if it requires a wellness check wothin so many days
A wellness check is good anyways when you bring Caber home
For a good baseline , often a poo sample for a fecal test -
I also ask the vet for a good listen of the heart

A wellness check is great to establish a relationship with your vet and get s good baseline

Caber is soo stinkin cute! Very excited for you !

Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Arke and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What a cutie you have there! Please enjoy the community its! :)

Arke

Lairian
This week has been manic getting everything prepared but I finally have everything (except litter and food which is being delivered this week) ready for the baby.

The breeder has sent me a couple of videos that she's sent to all of the future sphynx parents of the little ones playing and such. In the first Caber is very sleepy but in the second he is so springy! They'll be ready to go Wednesday but I'm picking him up later in the week due to work constraints. This is my last cat-free week!

@Tausmom I think he is chocolate mink and white but it's hard to tell. He has the little brown fuzz on his nose, and some obviously darker patches that look grey but I've spent ages looking online. I think he's thermal so it might be a while before his actual colours come through.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congratz on your new baby! He is stunning, love the blue eyes. I'm picking up a blue eyed girl in a week or so, so I know you're beyond exited! Caber is a cool name, he looks just like a Caber... can't wait to hear all about it and please keep us updated on how it goes and don't hesitate to ask anything. This is the place for that. Feel free to shove baby pictures down our throats, we love it! Good luck!

Arke

Lairian
Thanks so much everyone! He is a huge love, but is very shy at the moment and has slept most of the day... probably because he was calling out most of the night. He did eventually settle but it's clear that he misses his siblings and mama. He loves his dangly feather toy, the little kong bear and jumping on top of his cave.

He's so gentle with his paws and always licks my hands whenever I offer a pet.

I've read that most kittens sleep 20ish hours a day, so is his sleeping normal? Also, I've got some feliway - I didn't use it last night, but might it help? I don't want to stop him from acting normal/natural.

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Congratulations. He's beautiful. Kitties do sleep a lot and need to learn their surroundings. I'm very excited for you.

Back