Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Introducing Darcy

Dee Dee

Lairian
AirBrush_20200313215414.jpg

Hi just picked up my 15 month old a couple of days ago. She was being bullied by another so they decided to rehome. They also told me she had a kitten 9 weeks ago. I took her to the vets yesterday and she is in great health, weighing in at 3kg so she is tiny. Originally I wanted 2 kittens as I am out at work 4 days a week, just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation? She is extremely affectionate and like my shadow follows me everywhere. I get constant kisses and hugs too. Are there any signs to watch out for she is lonely? This is my first sphynx thanks, D

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@Dee Dee Welcome to Sphynxlair. Glad to see you jumped right in and started posting. You will find this to be an amazing community. Here is one area you might also find some valuable info.

Darcy is darling...congrats, your life has officially changed forever.

Dee Dee

Lairian
I wonder if they will let you have her kitten? That would be the perfect companion for her.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need
Unfortunately it wasn't present as they had already rehomed it, such a shame as I would have had them both!

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Adopting out a 9 week seems irresponsible. But the good news is when you find another one, Darcy will be able to teach him/her how everything works in the house!

Dee Dee

Lairian
Hi, she is 15 months old. She had her kitten taken off her before 9 weeks which was nothing to do with me and yes I agree, I also wish she had the kitten still. but thanks for the comment.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi, she is 15 months old. She had her kitten taken off her before 9 weeks which was nothing to do with me and yes I agree, I also wish she had the kitten still. but thanks for the comment.
She didn’t mean to suggest you were responsible for it, only that it was sad.

It would have been so nice to have them together.

Dee Dee

Lairian
She didn’t mean to suggest you were responsible for it, only that it was sad.

It would have been so nice to have them together.

I know. I'm upset with what she has been through and just want to give her the perfect home, she is so adorable. Its massive change for her, house full of cats, dogs children and it's just me and her now. She seems happy though as she is so quiet (unless it's middle of the night) and extremely loving. Plays a little now. Would have been perfect for me to have them both. My poor baby still has some milk but I have vets again in couple of weeks so keeping her checked.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Happy Darcee Gotcha! she is beautiful! welcome to the lair family :)look forward to lots of pics and tales, bless you for opening your heart and home to her. jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch, do not hesitate to ask questions

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Dee Dee and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What a cutie you have there! Please enjoy the community! :)

Dee Dee

Lairian
Darcy update** well nearly a week now and I should not have been worried. Took a few days off work to be with her and Monday rushed home early to find her in the same place I left her listening to her radio in her bed! Loads of hugs and kisses when I get home then happy to settle next to me. I don't think she had been fed wet food before as it has been like gourmet meal for her! Have tried some apple laws and she seems to love it and I'm feeding her 1 1/2 tins split into 3 feeds to try build her weight up slightly and free feeding dry. Also transitioning her over to royal canines sphynx which she seems to love and I'm sure she looks fuller already. Shes not greedy. She is very quiet so I'm not sure how she would accept another cat just yet. Also not sure how she coped in such an active house! Starting to be quieter at night too and sleeps next to me in bedroom but the toilet roll of attacked last night at least she has stopped running across me to wake me lol

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Darcy update** well nearly a week now and I should not have been worried. Took a few days off work to be with her and Monday rushed home early to find her in the same place I left her listening to her radio in her bed! Loads of hugs and kisses when I get home then happy to settle next to me. I don't think she had been fed wet food before as it has been like gourmet meal for her! Have tried some apple laws and she seems to love it and I'm feeding her 1 1/2 tins split into 3 feeds to try build her weight up slightly and free feeding dry. Also transitioning her over to royal canines sphynx which she seems to love and I'm sure she looks fuller already. Shes not greedy. She is very quiet so I'm not sure how she would accept another cat just yet. Also not sure how she coped in such an active house! Starting to be quieter at night too and sleeps next to me in bedroom but the toilet roll of attacked last night at least she has stopped running across me to wake me lol
Omg mine still does this every night! Even if it’s the least convenient route she will make sure to step on quite a lot of me on her way out of the bed.

Dee Dee

Lairian
Omg mine still does this every night! Even if it’s the least convenient route she will make sure to step on quite a lot of me on her way out of the bed.

Well she managed to wake me up with her face pressed in mine - quite a scare for a new sphynx owner

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Well she managed to wake me up with her face pressed in mine - quite a scare for a new sphynx owner
Aww that’s the sweetest thing I ever heard!

Ten

Lairian
Your Darcy seems like an absolute sweetheart. In fact, she seems a little like my Dot. Super affectionate, very little concept of personal space (especially at night), and loves her food.

Darcy seems like she has already captured your heart. Your world will never be the same again!

Dee Dee

Lairian
Your Darcy seems like an absolute sweetheart. In fact, she seems a little like my Dot. Super affectionate, very little concept of personal space (especially at night), and loves her food.

Darcy seems like she has already captured your heart. Your world will never be the same again!
Safe to say she has captured my heart! I always loved sphynx cats but never knew their personalities. She has enriched my life already. I rush home from work to see her only problem is I'm constantly worried about her when I'm not there as she is so attached to me. And her one eye keeps getting gooey but I dont think it's an infection. Just wiping it with water and pad. And she gets greasy as! Bathed once, due another tomorrow but she doesn't like it too much albeit tolerant!

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I think tolerant is all we can wish for lol. My girl gets eye gunk too. Pretty normal. I just dab it off with a tissue.

Ten

Lairian
Safe to say she has captured my heart! I always loved sphynx cats but never knew their personalities. She has enriched my life already. I rush home from work to see her only problem is I'm constantly worried about her when I'm not there as she is so attached to me. And her one eye keeps getting gooey but I dont think it's an infection. Just wiping it with water and pad. And she gets greasy as! Bathed once, due another tomorrow but she doesn't like it too much albeit tolerant!
You sound just like me! In fact, I plan my home visit around lunch time so I can come home and see mine!
Dot also has a gunky eye... I just keep cleaning it as it is definitely not infected. Dot is also much oilier than Nora, so both are having a bath today!

StacyD

Lairian
We are a working household so Ace is alone for 8 hours M-F. He is a complete cuddle bug when we get home but doesn't seem to mind the alone time.