Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Introducing kittens to each other...

SnappleSpice

Lairian
I bought my first sphynx (Tofu) when he was ~13 weeks old, and he is now 6 months old. Today I purchased another sphynx kitten who is only 10 weeks old. I had them both in the kitchen of my apartment for a few minutes, and they expressed curiosity about one another, but the new kitten began to hiss at Tofu. I am now keeping them in different rooms, but am wondering what the best way to introduce them would be? I bought the second kitten so my first could have a playmate when I am not home. Tofu is a very friendly cat who gets along with other cats and dogs, so I am hoping he won't have issues with his new brother (who is yet to be named!)!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I bought my first sphynx (Tofu) when he was ~13 weeks old, and he is now 6 months old. Today I purchased another sphynx kitten who is only 10 weeks old. I had them both in the kitchen of my apartment for a few minutes, and they expressed curiosity about one another, but the new kitten began to hiss at Tofu. I am now keeping them in different rooms, but am wondering what the best way to introduce them would be? I bought the second kitten so my first could have a playmate when I am not home. Tofu is a very friendly cat who gets along with other cats and dogs, so I am hoping he won't have issues with his new brother (who is yet to be named!)!
Here is a good post on intros - Introducing a new adult sphynx cat or sphynx kitten into the home :)

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
Admin, gave you a great link.
Just give them time.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair. Congratulations with "yet to be named":). Try to introduce slowly, let them sniff blankets of eachother or under doors when possible. The link @admin gave you has great info on introducing