Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Introducing Miss Daisy

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The animal shelter called me back and asked me if I'd consider this girl. She's 13 and been in the shelter since she was 8. Perfectly healthy but between being a black cat and being older, no one wants her. I think 5 years is long enough to live in a cage so I brought her home with me.

She's going to live in a separate room and I'll spend some time with her every day but that's the most I can do. Every so often she'll rotate back to the shelter so she can be seen, but realistically she's probably not going to be adopted. I will probably take her back again but for right now I really haven't decided how long I'm willing to go with her. She's a nice cat but my idea was simply to foster cats for a couple of months and then they'd find homes; I never set out to have a 4th cat.

Miss Daisy.jpg

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Bless her little heart. Kudos to you for giving her some respite. It makes me so sad that people overlook both black and older cats. They deserve as much love as any other. I knew, as soon as I read the news article about Claude, that nobody would want a 14 year old toothless, blind cat with renal issues so I took him in and I'm so glad I did. I hope your foster also finds someone who is willing to give her a chance.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
5 years in the shelter! Poor girl, she must be in heaven having a whole room to herself for a bit. I hope she gets adopted. The shelter should post her on Tik Tok, it seems to work wonders for having animals get adopted if the video gets seen
OK thanks, I'll have to look into it. I had already thought of putting her on Nextdoor because for all I know someone right in my development would take her. I live in a pet friendly development which is not the norm down here. I think almost as many dogs live here as humans. And we have like a 100 to 1 ratio of lizards to humans but that's another story. Anyway first things first...I need a few good pics of her.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm trying to take a good face shot but she refuses to look me in the eye. Cats stare when they want to pick a fight and I'm sure that's the last thing she wants to do with me.

So different from my 3 sphynxes who all waltzed in like they owned the place.

Anyway, at least I got one shot where you can see her green eyes.

MD 1.jpg
MD 3.jpg

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
How is your miss daisy going? :love:
She spends a lot of time sleeping on the floor under the bed. Sometimes she will sleep on the floor under the desk. I guess it's a safety thing. When I go in the room and lay on the bed she might or might not get on the bed with me. She's friendly but cautious I guess is how I would describe it. Can't say I blame her.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Please tell me what you think.....

I posted Miss Daisy on Nextdoor and a lady contacted me. She said that she and her husband have been looking for a black cat with green eyes and would it be possible to come see her.

First thing is visits need to be at the shelter. But besides that, why does it have to be a black cat with green eyes? Does anybody besides me think that's strange?

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It’s not strange. It’s superficial. And it’s human nature in some that’s a bit sad. Most people that are looking for animals that I’ve seen are always looking for a certain colour or certain eye color personally I have always gone for temperament and have let my pets choose me.

People are superficial.

It’s fine to be cautious.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@pussiette you were right! This lady used to have a Bombay cat - black with green eyes - and he died last year. She came over and met Miss Daisy and she's GOING TO ADOPT HER!!!!

When the lady came over Miss Daisy hid behind furniture, but she let the lady pick her up and put her on the bed. Then she just laid there and let the lady pet her. It was an instant bond. When the lady got up to leave, Miss Daily let out a little meow as if to say "don't leave." She'll be going to a quiet house with one other cat and 2 middle aged adults. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect house for her.

Oh and Henry snuck in the room so now he and Miss Daisy are friends. These guys....if I turn around for one second they sneak around behind me :0

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am so happy to hear this! This just made my day! Miss daisy has found her forever home in a gentle environment and they bonded instantly. I am so happy for you and so happy for Miss Daisy! no more sheltered life for miss daisy well done!

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am so happy to hear this! This just made my day! Miss daisy has found her forever home in a gentle environment and they bonded instantly. I am so happy for you and so happy for Miss Daisy! no more sheltered life for miss daisy well done!

This is the best news. I'm so glad you were able to help Miss Daisy find a loving home.

Thank you !!!!

Back