Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Introducing my babies + issue

Yoora

Lairian
2E2D6142-EA38-47DC-9541-E83BEDF71D9B.jpeg
9D4E7887-8CEB-4E40-833D-F35ECD790006.jpeg
81D07FF3-8EE6-4226-90BB-E33BAA691BFD.jpeg
72E452A5-D0AA-47B6-B98A-62B9B7F43F47.jpeg
Hello !
My name is Anoud I’m a mum of two precious adult sphynx cats male and female.

I live in a place where basically... there’s no sphynx cats and no one is interested in them so i was surprised as i was walking one day and saw my precious angel yoora ( female )
I got my male shipped tho cause i couldn’t find a male in here at all ,

Now unfortunately my baby over a month ago started having spots they were tiny but i still took her to the vet and it was no help .. suggested that i give her medicated baths which really wasn’t helpful it got bigger , i brought her back they gave me pills for allergies and after five days the spots were gone , two days later it came back even worse ! I’ve been contacting the vet and she’s been avoiding contacting me ever since so I really need help at least have an idea of what it might be ☹️

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi anoud, my kitty Binky has exactly the same spots as ur baby, they are so angry under the two front armpits, am in the process of changing her food! The vets first reaction was it be could be fleas or dust mites so I have sprayed my house! 2nd is an allergy to food so am mixing her applaws with purina at the minute but thinking of swapping to venison n pea science plan as she may allergic to poultry! If all fails n no difference I will be taking her to a dermatologist which is a bit expensive so trying to change the food first! I bought oatmeal shampoo on amazon to see if it would make the redness better,it’s coming tomorrow so ii let ya know!

Almond

Lairian
Hello Anoud and welcome to Sphynx Lair!!

This is a wonderful community that is always here for Sphynx lovers! I'm happy we spoke on instagram earlier.

Since the allergy medication worked initially to make the bumps go away, I think that maybe this is just another reaction?

How often do you bathe her? Because with Almond, I use to wash him every other day and his skin started becoming irritated because he lacked the essentials oils that his skin produces. Now I bathe him once every two weeks (He doesn't use litter, so usually I think once a week is recommended because they get yucky from litter).

Also, did you buy any new furniture or any new sheets or towels that are a different material? sometimes they can have reactions to environments. Or as @Staceyxxx said it may be from fleas or dust mites in the house.

I would say try changing the food immediately to a hypoallergenic diet and see if that changes anything in a couple of days.

Although it doesn't look like examples I've seen of bacterial/fungal skin infections, it may be that, so if you can find a new vet that will see you it would be best! (I have taken almond to a friend that is a dermatologist before to verify an allergy, a bit eccentric but it was helpful lol)

I hope this helps, please keep us posted on how things go!

<3

Yoora

Lairian
I’ll be taking her to the vet today as soon as they open amd definitely will check on everything, i usually give her a bath once a week she gets dirty really quickly , I’ll try following what the new veteran tells me and surly will get my house sprayed to make sure now if I’m being honest i don’t really let my cats outside they only roam around the house so it’s most likely something in the house hopefully everything will be better soon

Yoda mom

Staff member
Welcome to the lair family
Great advice given
Please let us know the results of today's vet visit
Possibld to get a second option from another vet ?
Very important to have a good working relationship with your vet .

Healing vibes sent
Prayers you get s diagnosis and treatment plan for your sweet Yoora

Look forward to pics and tales of both your Sphynx

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Yoora welcome to sphynxlair for you Anoud and for your boy and girl. What are their names?

Looks like an allergy. Did you change something? Food, detergent, plants in your home?

Now I'm no vet so I don't know for sure of course. But it does look like the rash my boy Toa has. The vet did do biopies and found out he has Uticaria Pigmentosa. It's a skindisease thatncan be treatened with prednisone. You can take a lot at the thread "Toa has a rash - off to the vet" to see how the rash of my boy looks. I'll tag you in the thread so you can easily find it.

Yoora

Lairian
Hey guys ☹️.. yoora is currently at the vet she’s going to get biopies done later on the day ( it’s 2AM literally can’t sleep cause I’m so worried) it got soooo much worse like bleeding swelling very painful for her .. they want to make sure it’s not a genetic problem because if it is it’ll never go away I feel so bad ☹️, I’ll let her stay there after till the stitches are completely healed because i dont want do cause more skin problems because i don’t know what she’s allergic to yet .. thank you all ☹️

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Yes they are...i really hope it isn’t it but she’ll still be loved unconditionally regardless , I’ll keep you updated for sure x

@Yoora Sending positive vibes to you and Yoora. Did you see my thread about my boy Toa who has Urticaria Pigmentosa? Remember, a sphynx can live where well with it! It needs some time to settle with the right meds and to figure out what is causing the flare ups.

Toa sents lots of cuddles to Yoora for the biopskes (pic is taken after the biopsies where done and he needed to wear this jumper so he couln't knibble out the stitches.

Please keep us updated

Attachments

• 20180722_205822.jpg
    20180722_205822.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 38

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My previous girl was allergic to chicken. She got ear infections and puked all the time, no skin problems though. The vet said it could become a skin problem. It took us about 3 months of hypoallergenic food to come to this conclusion. Keeping fingers crossed and sending hugs to you! Keep us updated.

Yoora

Lairian
Sooo the vet couldn’t get the biopsies done becauseee the other vet i took her to gave her a steroid shot ... although i told him i plan on getting it done . So nooowww I’m going to pick her up and well .. hope for the best i can’t put her on any meds for a months to get it done me and yoora really appreciate your help guys and lovely wishes ! I will keep you guys updated xx

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sooo the vet couldn’t get the biopsies done becauseee the other vet i took her to gave her a steroid shot ... although i told him i plan on getting it done . So nooowww I’m going to pick her up and well .. hope for the best i can’t put her on any meds for a months to get it done me and yoora really appreciate your help guys and lovely wishes ! I will keep you guys updated xx
Aww bless u n yoora, my god that’s a shame she couldn’t get her biopsies done! We Hav now changed binkys food to venison n pea hills prescription diet, vet said she has to eat nothing but that for 6 weeks, to see if it’s food related! Not seen a difference yet could be too soon! You n yoora get a wee rest, sending u love from Scotland! Xxxx

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oh that's ashame. Did they give you ointment you can use on the rash for the coming months you can't give Yoora the meds? That's what they did for my boy Toa. The ointment helps to calm the rash down and not let it get infected. This way Yoora doesn't have to be bothered by the rash too much the coming month. Hope the biopsies can be done quick so you can start the treatment

Yoora

Lairian
They didn’t giv eher anything i asked for something to soothe it for her but the vet said it’s god to just not do anything to make sure it stays there till it’s time for the biopsies. She’s home and well she’s playful and just being her usual self il Keep you guys posted !
My babies send love to tou guys all the way from Qatar !
Yoora the female, Shadow the male ❤️

Attachments

• 3EF15A79-8120-433D-B39B-1D0AB5088916.jpeg
    3EF15A79-8120-433D-B39B-1D0AB5088916.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 33DBDF9E-31BF-4A41-BCEB-463262EB666A.jpeg
    33DBDF9E-31BF-4A41-BCEB-463262EB666A.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 46

Yoora

Lairian
HI GUYS GOOD NEWS! Soo i ust recieved a call for my vet saying that there’s no need to get biopsies done! So it turned out to be fungus infection and ringworm ( whixh mean shadow has to pay them a visit as well ) . She said that’s why it got worse after the injection soo im Very relieved thank you guys for your help me and my babies really appreciate it ❤️❤️

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aww that’s great news yoora, that’s sooo helpful am going to inform my vet as it could be the same thing, as ur pics r the exact same as binkys especially under the armpits! Thanks so much, wish u n ur babies well xxx

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aww that’s great news yoora, that’s sooo helpful am going to inform my vet as it could be the same thing, as ur pics r the exact same as binkys especially under the armpits! Thanks so much, wish u n ur babies well xxx

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Yoora very haply to hear the vet find out what is causing the rash! Hope the fungus and the ringworm will be gone soon with treatment.
Oh and watch your own skin too. Humans can get infected by ringworm.

Cuddles to Yoora and Shadow

Back