Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Introducing myself and my beautiful new baby girl, Saige!

SaigesMomma21

Lairian
Hello, all!

My name is Cassie and I am OFFICIALLY a new and very proud sphynx parent! It has been a dream of mine since I was pretty young to have a sphynx some day, and as of 2 weeks ago that dream actually, FINALLY came true (never thought it would actually happen after all of these years)! Needless to say, I am on cloud 9 and absolutely in love with my sweet baby girl, Saige... Just as I did prior to becoming a momma to my actual human babies, I have researched like mad on everything needed for her and any and all tips/advice on giving her the absolute best care. As soon as my hubby gave me the go-ahead to start searching for our new baby I found myself lurking the forums on here quite a bit for as much info as possible, and even two weeks in to having Saige home with us, I still do! Y'all have helped more than you know before I had even joined and I guess, other than just introducing myself and Miss Saige, I would also like to say thank you all! I am so grateful for this awesome community! There are very few people out this way that know much, if anything, about this breed and it is so comforting to know that there is an amazing group of people out there that know their stuff that I can reach out to if needed. It has definitely been a (fun/good) learning experience and continues to be lol... Loving every minute of it!

Attachments

• Saige2.jpg
    Saige2.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Saige5.jpg
    Saige5.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Saige9.jpg
    Saige9.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Saige10.jpg
    Saige10.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Saige6.jpg
    Saige6.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 43

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to Sphynx Lair. I loved reading your intro and seeing your sweet/beautiful Saige. I look forward to seeing you active in the community and sharing her with us often. @SaigesMomma21

Love the huge smile on your face with her owning you as her Momma while perching on you so proudly.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Very warm welcome! Now your life will change forever, I promise. Congratz on your baby Saige, what a looker! I've been here on the lair for a while and I totally agree with you, the knowledge, love and understanding here goes beyond everything. I still learn stuff from members and no one is judging.

Hope to see more of you here!

Misty Lee 123

Lairian
Welcome! Not only is this a great forum for info it’s also the best place to share the love of Sphynx! Saige is a very gorgeous darling and I love the spelling of the name. One name I considered for my girl Misty was ‘sage’ because they are so wise with all their wrinkles, especially when babies, it’s like their wrinkles work in reverse to how they do for humans…

SaigesMomma21

Lairian
Very cute! I wonder if she will grow some dark points. She looks like mine that did.
I’ve wondered the same! She has gotten a little bit darker in areas compared to some of the first pictures I got of her from the breeder at about 10-11 weeks old, so I know her color is changing some, but I wonder how much more it will change over her first year. My step sister has one that was marked similar as a kitten and he is quite a bit darker now and he is absolutely gorgeous!

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I’ve wondered the same! She has gotten a little bit darker in areas compared to some of the first pictures I got of her from the breeder at about 10-11 weeks old, so I know her color is changing some, but I wonder how much more it will change over her first year. My step sister has one that was marked similar as a kitten and he is quite a bit darker now and he is absolutely gorgeous!
Well then it's a perfect match! Honestly I'm not sure if there's a way to know how dark for sure. This is a characteristic of Siamese cats but if you look at enough Siamese cats, some have darker points and some have lighter. So your girl could be either one, but the odds lean in favor of dark. I can already see she's going to be a stunner regardless.

Haute Catture

Lairian
Hello, all!

My name is Cassie and I am OFFICIALLY a new and very proud sphynx parent! It has been a dream of mine since I was pretty young to have a sphynx some day, and as of 2 weeks ago that dream actually, FINALLY came true (never thought it would actually happen after all of these years)! Needless to say, I am on cloud 9 and absolutely in love with my sweet baby girl, Saige... Just as I did prior to becoming a momma to my actual human babies, I have researched like mad on everything needed for her and any and all tips/advice on giving her the absolute best care. As soon as my hubby gave me the go-ahead to start searching for our new baby I found myself lurking the forums on here quite a bit for as much info as possible, and even two weeks in to having Saige home with us, I still do! Y'all have helped more than you know before I had even joined and I guess, other than just introducing myself and Miss Saige, I would also like to say thank you all! I am so grateful for this awesome community! There are very few people out this way that know much, if anything, about this breed and it is so comforting to know that there is an amazing group of people out there that know their stuff that I can reach out to if needed. It has definitely been a (fun/good) learning experience and continues to be lol... Loving every minute of it!
She's absolute perfection - congratulations!!!

Back