Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Introducing...

NakedIsBest

Lairian
Nyla! She’s 2.8 years old, super sweet, failed breeder (had a complication). She will be big sis to almost 2 y/o Arlo. So far they aren’t loving each other, but the sat on the same couch this morning and he watched her eat on the table, so we are making progress. I have no doubt they will be the friends within a week.

On a more positive note, she LOVES people just like he does.

Attachments

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Nyla is a beautiful and cute girl! Sitting on the same couch and watching eachother eat is a great first step in becoming buddy's:).

NakedIsBest

Lairian
I hope they become friends. I looked for a longtime before selecting her. Arlo is extremely friendly, adventurous, loving and dominant to our meek tabby. Nyla is known to be very similar. So far they both hold their ground, some hissing from her, but nothing physical. Since it has been less than 24 hours I’m considering this a great success so far.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@NakedIsBest , Happy Nyla Gotcha!
She is beautiful! So excited for you !
Looking forward to pics amd tales of Nyla And Arlo!

Bless you for opening your heart and Home to Nyla sweetie

I have a retired breeder too
she is just a snuggle bug
and the boss of the boys lol

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
In a couple of weeks they will hopefully be buddies. So far so good by your update.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @NakedIsBest and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What a pair of cuties! Please enjoy the community! :)

NakedIsBest

Lairian
I decided to make neutral territory last night since both want to sleep with me, but not with each other... so I pulled out the sofa sleeper (that is some serious love!). For the first time this morning Arlo was able to cuddle me without Nyla growling. It is interesting that she is so possessive of me since she’s the new cat- I seem to be her safe spot.

A blurry photo to commemorate their first peaceful morning:

Attachments