Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

introduction/ wanted cat

Maddiem99

Lairian
Hi, my name is Madison Mellencamp and I have recently fallen in love with the sphynx breed. I would love to adopt an adult. Does anyone know where to begin? I hoping that someone can help. I am located in Indiana.

Thanks so much!

Madison:Smile::Smile:

holly_savage

Banned
Call your local shelters, let them know you are interested. Also, keep your eyes on the free ad boards (Hoobly, kijiji, ebay)...just bear in mind that there are a lot of scams and scammers out there. If at all possible, find a cat that you can go and meet before you make up your mind. Don't fall for the "just pay me for the shipping fees now" deals, they are always scams. Ask lots of questions, ask for medical info...basically, make sure you are sure and there aren't any red flags goign off.

Good luck and welcome to the Lair!

Feel free to pick everyone's brains here, between everyone, I am sure we have seen all the scams and potentioal problems out there.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Maddiem99, nice to meet you. Holly gave good advice. You may also want to investigate breeder websites, sometimes they have retired breeders looking for forever homes. Just take your time, investigate the potential kitties, and remember the cardinal rule: If it's too good to be true then it probably isn't true. And like Holly said, never ever fall for someone who wants just the shipping fees (and they can always ship the cat tomorrow). No matter how nice they seem, cause it's always a scam. You can also ask us for advice, if we think something sounds dicey we always sing out.

tessblack

Banned
Welcome and I have to agree with everyone on the scam thing. When I was looking I found so many that were scams. Always check with the people here and always take someone with you if it is local. Good luck I am sure you will find your baby, just be patient.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Madison and welcome to Sphynxlair! Good luck on your search for a Sphynx, hopefully you will find some good advice here!:ThumbsUp:

Back