Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Introduction: Who is Something Special Pet Supplies?

SumpinSpecial

Lairian
Hi Everyone! Just a quick post to introduce ourselves as a new vendor and participant in the forum. As I mentioned in my other, personal intro post, I'm a life-long cat lover and currently have one white and tabby cat and a brindle greyhound. This year I launched an online pet supply shop. From my perspective, the goal is to grow it only enough that it replaces my corporate day job salary so that I can "retire" from corporate life and be my own boss.

From the customer's perspective, my goal for the shop is to carry a variety of hand-selected, high quality products that promote the mental and physical well-being of pets. I don't want to compete with the major retailers, so I won't carry things like brushes or commodity toys. (In some cases, like with the bird and small pet stuff, I'm still working on better suppliers, so I do currently have some commodity things for them.) I also don't carry any food or treats because guaranteeing high quality for injestible things is nigh impossible and I don't want to either get caught up in product recalls or risk my business reputation. So for dogs and cats I mostly carry toys, furniture and safety products.

Finally, I'm always finding new suppliers and changing my product lines, hopefully for the better! I'm willing to work with any craft person who loves making high quality things for their favorite species. I love feedback on my shop and my products, so do send compliments and critics my way. Suggest new products if you like, ideally things you can't find at Amazon or Petco. And if you ever see anything incorrect in my product descriptions please absolutely let me know!

So here is my shop: Something Special Pet Supplies

In following threads, I'll highlight new products as I get them. And feel free to post any questions, compliments, critiques and otherwise engage me in conversations about my shop! Let me know how my shop can help you!

SumpinSpecial

Lairian
Thank you! I'm having a lot of fun with it, and my whole shop. BTW, I should add that I will ask for feedback from you guys from time to time also. Not product reviews, although those are wonderful and welcome. But more to educate myself with the goal of keeping my quality high. I don't want to be spouting off about how wonderful something is, when in reality it's a pretty crappy product. ;)

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on the shop @SumpinSpecial :) I will take a look for sure.
Do you ship to USA only? Or do you ship to Canada and International as well?

We also have greyhounds! We have our two boys (littermates). Sadly, our brindle brood mom Callie passed away last year. She was an incredible girl! So we share you love of the breed for sure!

SumpinSpecial

Lairian
Congrats on the shop @SumpinSpecial :) I will take a look for sure.
Do you ship to USA only? Or do you ship to Canada and International as well?

We also have greyhounds! We have our two boys (littermates). Sadly, our brindle brood mom Callie passed away last year. She was an incredible girl! So we share you love of the breed for sure!
I can ship internationally, but I just can't figure out what the costs would be because it depends on the actual items purchased. Some of my stuff is dropshipped from the manufacturer, some of it I have in-house. I think the best way to do this (until I get a good feel for it) is to inquire first, listing the things you want to buy and let me reply back to you with what the shipping cost would be. After that, if the shipping isn't outrageous, you can place an order.

I love meeting other greyhound people, hallo! Or I should say, Roooo! :joyful: I had two, a male and my girl. We lost my baby boy to osteosarcoma at the beginning of August and my heart is still broken. He was only 10 and he was precious. I'm sorry to hear you lost your Callie.