Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

iPuppyOne Air-Flex harness

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
long overdue review

This harness is very soft and flexible. It adjusts around the neck and chest which allows for a nice custom fit. I have no fear of Pedda choking herself or escaping if she'd suddenly go berserk while wearing it.

airflexhotpink500.jpg

airflexhotpinkback500.jpg

The buckles look bulky but they really aren't, no more so than buckles on much cheaper harnesses. The extra ones for the neck adjustment don't impede movement at all.

The one thing I didn't like about this harness was the cute little company logo badge sewn on the chest. I don't mind advertising and it looked nice and neat - from the front. But when I turned it over and looked at the inside, I discovered it was sewn on using some sort of stiff nylon type fishing string. The ends of the string poked out and were scratchy and they would have been uncomfortable rubbing against a delicate hairless chest. So I took a razor blade and cut it off before putting it on the kitty.

This harness was made in China. I presume it's washable since the tag on it read: KEEP HAND WASH AFTER WASHING HANG AND KEEP INTACT TO DRY. I'm not sure what they mean by "intact" but at least it was good for a laugh. Oh, that little washing instruction/size tag felt scratchy so I cut it out too.

I ordered a Small according to Pedda's measurements and my experience is that the size chart was accurate.

Colour choices include: orange, yellow, beige, black, camo, green, hot pink, navy, purple, red, sky blue, and light pink.

Pedda loves this harness. She gives it 4 paws up.

Added: My apologies, the size chart picture didn't get included when I originally posted this. The sizes are in inches.

sizechart.jpg

Last edited:

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Pedda loves this harness. She gives it 4 paws up.[/QUOTE]

awww love that ' 4 paws up' sounds really good i may go with this type when i finally get my very own sphynx :ThumbsUp:

tessblack

Banned
It does look so much more comfortable then the standard one that digs under the arms. How much does Pedda weigh? Mines necks are so tiny.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thanks for the review. This is the only soft, adjustable harness I have seen in person but I wasn't sure how it would be on a Sphynx. I picked up a kitten harness to start off but will upgrade to this once Gleek arrives and I can see how fast he grows.

lawgrl

Lairian
I'm so glad that you posted this! I've been trying to decide on a harness forever. This one seems great (soft, light weight, safe fit, etc.) but I haven't been able to see one in-person (ordering online) and it's so hard for me to decide when I can't actually touch the thing!

How is the inside...is it soft? Do any of the straps or the lining seem to rub her skin at all?

Sorry for all the questions! Both of my kitties love to go outside for walks and to PetsMart but one is currently showing, so I'm especially worried about rubbing and leaving marks on his skin right now.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I got the only one they had at the store and the neck is not adjustable. For now it works great and I am worried at all about Dinka slipping out of it. When he outgrows it I will give it away and get the adjustable neck when I can find it or order it. Four paws up on this one.:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm sorry, the size chart didn't get included so I edited my original post to add it. Yay for vicodin!

Tessblack, Pedda's a big girl and weighs 11.8 lbs. Though I expect the size chart answered more of your questions. :)

Lawgrl, the inside is very soft and smooth, with the exceptions of the laundry tag and plastic ipuppyone logo badge, both of which I removed. I haven't had any trouble with chaffing or rubbing.

I haven't had any problem with dye rubbing off and discoloring the kitty and she's worn it on some pretty hot days. But hers is purple and other colours may be different, I don't know about them.

I must get this for my two! They don't care much for the regular harness. This looks much more comfortable. Thank you for posting this. I was admiring Pedda's in her video.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
petco-pup-crew-bone-dot-body-dog-harness_7916968_175.jpg
Dinka and I went to PETCO after getting the Kitty Galore toy. This is what we bought. A cute PUP CREW harness that was on sale for $7.50 and has a soft fleece lining. Great for cooler days - my gosh it got up to 103 degrees today. I want to get Dinka used to the outside world and people to see if he will be a candidate for a therapy cat. I am proud to say that he was not all freaky about it - he was calm and handled it like a champ - even around the pit bull that was in the store. So we will have to continue our car rides and outings. I love the attention he gets.:Smile:

tessblack

Banned
Yes this Texas weather is something isn't it. I don't go outside much in the summer. Took the kids to petsmart the other night and they were even sweaty!!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know - I was sweaty and when people were touching Dinka he was all moist on his wrinkley head.:LOL:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
How was the fit with this harness? I like how soft they are but the XS looked too big for a kitten but I may think about it when Gleek gets bigger.

firehillqueen

Banned
there is a lot of room for adjusting, accept for the neck. Cadeau doesn't like the close fit over his head, but once its on he seems to be comfortable. The material is mess-like on mine so it is cool to wear in the Texas heat. When I first got them they fit over their sweaters and tee shirts. Cadeau hasn't tried to twist out of it, matter of fact he is now walking on leash pretty good. Both the girls are accepting of the fit very well. I have to remember to put Ciel and Chimere in their own since Chimere is the smallest. So far only one at a time gets to go, three cats on a harness at the Pet Store is more then I am willing to handle alone.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
there is a lot of room for adjusting, accept for the neck. Cadeau doesn't like the close fit over his head, but once its on he seems to be comfortable. The material is mess-like on mine so it is cool to wear in the Texas heat. When I first got them they fit over their sweaters and tee shirts. Cadeau hasn't tried to twist out of it, matter of fact he is now walking on leash pretty good. Both the girls are accepting of the fit very well. I have to remember to put Ciel and Chimere in their own since Chimere is the smallest. So far only one at a time gets to go, three cats on a harness at the Pet Store is more then I am willing to handle alone.

I can't imagine taking 3 cat cats on leashes to the pet store either. That could be entertaining to watch.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I would think an X-small would be too big for a kitten, at least for one that's under 7-8 months old.

Gizzymom

Banned
I have a Puppia harness for Gizmo. Looks very similiar to this one. His is camo... LOL... My friends tell me that he cannot be effectively "camoflagued" because he is pink!

Gizmo wears a small and he is 9 lbs... Not sure how sizes on the Puppia compare with this brand.

Puppia is sold in a lot of stores, but can be found cheaper on ebay... FYI

:ThumbsUp:

Back