Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Is a bambino made with a donskoy and a munchkin a real thing?

Violet1012

Lairian
I was talking to a friend and she heard from her friend that theres a lady in CA breeding bambinos using donskoy and munchkins to make a bambino. Would that even work? At first i didnt believe her but shes breeding hairless Chihuahua so if she can do that who knows what else is out there. I know you cant breed sphynx to don but can you breed don to munchkin? Would they even be hairless.

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sounds like an interesting concept. I'm not sure I don't know much about the breeding aspect. Hopefully someone can help you out!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I was talking to a friend and she heard from her friend that theres a lady in CA breeding bambinos using donskoy and munchkins to make a bambino. Would that even work? At first i didnt believe her but shes breeding hairless Chihuahua so if she can do that who knows what else is out there. I know you cant breed sphynx to don but can you breed don to munchkin? Would they even be hairless.
I would imagine you could, not sure of any immediate or long term health risks but as long as its not a "short leg" on "short leg" mating situation, " The Munchkin gene is sometimes referred to as the "lethal" gene because if a Munchkin cat embryo receives one of these genes from each parent, it won't survive. That's why breeders don't mate two short-legged Munchkin cats together. Cats born with long legs can carry the Munchkin gene, and they're often mated with each other, or a short-legged Munchkin cat, to produce a litter of healthy, stubby-limbed kittens."