Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Is Cat Wheel worth buying ?

Yana and Osiris

Lairian
These are super expensive, a normal treadmill costs like 100$ while the one for cat costs around 800$. And I don't even know if he will ever use it. But what I don't want is my cat to be obese, which is seemingly a big problem among of Sphynx cats. How do you guys get your cats look so swol and pumped besides having them sprint?

Attachments

• cat-wheels.jpg
    cat-wheels.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 13

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
We do not have a cat wheel. I just think it is a big investment and takes up room. I do not see members sharing yeah my cat hopped on for 30 minutes today for a workout lol. Some members love theirs and will share their babies use it often, but for me I prefer to watch the quantity/quality of food as a top priority to avoid obesity.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Yana and Osiris , 5 kitties here when I first got the exercise wheel years ago. 1 in 5 used it

Honestly, only 1 will use it... big investment, no guarantees will take to it. takes up lots of space too

the others could care less, just look at Toby Run on it all the time.

I personally imho, would not make the investment again and in the US at the time it was back then $200.

I just got lucky Toby Love loves his wheel

with there being no returns and the huge cost yikes $800 there! .. I would opt for lots of play exercise time with a Dabird type pole toy ( put away only use supervised so cant chew on or get stuck on string).

Toby sprints, walks, anywhere from a 15 seconds to on and off for up to an hour some nights.

he has not lost any weight. still looks the same. agree with food as priority for avoiding obesity like catzzzmeow mentioned.

Yana and Osiris

Lairian
Thanks for the feedback, everyone {=
RIght now Osiris is active, especially during nigh times, he could have loved it tbh, but I will try walking him first. Sad it's fall already and cold to walk them without fancy padded jackets :D waiting for ours.

RedRobot

Lairian
I heard some really good advice--check on Facebook marketplace (or Freecycle etc) for a second-hand one. There is undoubtedly someone trying to get rid of one that they bought and then discovered that their kitty doesn't want to use it.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
You could create an obstacle course with things around the house, and train your cat to run that. Marcus loved when we did that. Also active play with a toy like DaBird will burn off lots of calories and energy.

Yana and Osiris

Lairian
You could create an obstacle course with things around the house, and train your cat to run that. Marcus loved when we did that. Also active play with a toy like DaBird will burn off lots of calories and energy.

Catto doesn't even need my participation here. When zoomies possess him, he will slip in the most inconceivable places on the Earth, "see no obstacles" is his motto :0

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Catto doesn't even need my participation here. When zoomies possess him, he will slip in the most inconceivable places on the Earth, "see no obstacles" is his motto :0
It sounds like Catto would love to do some cat agility. There are some great videos on YouTube. Who knows, you might have an agility champion!

Back