Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Is gassiness normal?

LuckyNo21

Lairian
My sweet little girl is almost 7 months old now and gets the WORST gas! I mean hot, pungent, sulphur farts! She has been weened off the Royal Canin Mother & Baby Cat food for several weeks and is now on the same diet as my furry cat, which is a mix of Blue Buffalo Sensitive Stomach and grain-free high protein food (our furry cat pukes up anything else). The gas isn't as frequent as it was when we first started switching her over, but boy does it knock your socks off when she does have it.
I really hate to have to switch her food again, plus it's really difficult to have them eat different foods since they both will try to get into each other's food. Just wondering if anyone else has farty Sphynxs. Thanks!

pussiette

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@LuckyNo21 it happens when the food they eat isn’t usually digestible or right for them. Farts are a good sign that the food might not be right. As kittens my girls farted a lot and had sloppy poos. It’s a case of trial and error if the poos are ok then it might be ok.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Raw. Just take baby steps and look into it. Gas will be gone! Start at feline-nutrition.org

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

LuckyNo21

Lairian
@LuckyNo21 it happens when the food they eat isn’t usually digestible or right for them. Farts are a good sign that the food might not be right. As kittens my girls farted a lot and had sloppy poos. It’s a case of trial and error if the poos are ok then it might be ok.
Thanks for the response. Her poop is totally normal and solid. The gas is much less now, i can't think of the last time she passed gas, but man does it smell bad when she does lol