Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Is it terrible that I'd rather be home with my sphynx than at work???

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I don't know why but I really wish I was at home right now cuddling with Piglet and my other cats rather than being here at work bored out of my mind. I just can't seem to get motivated to do any work today. :Sad:

Brooke

Banned
You sound like me every single day!! As soon as the clock hits 5, I can't get out of here fast enough, and all I'm thinking of is getting home to my kitties!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know what you mean, Brooke. In the past couple of years, there's been so many organizational changes within my workplace; there's been a lot of management changes and a lot of our environmental programs got cut due to budgetary problems. Not to mention the layoffs we had earlier this year. It's just not the fun place to work that it used to be....sigh.

Soooo....like you, I just count the hours until I can be back home with the kitties!

Brooke

Banned
I know what you mean, Brooke. In the past couple of years, there's been so many organizational changes within my workplace; there's been a lot of management changes and a lot of our environmental programs got cut due to budgetary problems. Not to mention the layoffs we had earlier this year. It's just not the fun place to work that it used to be....sigh.

Soooo....like you, I just count the hours until I can be back home with the kitties!

Sydkat, your workplace sounds just like mine...we are doing the same amount of work with about a third as many people and a completely different group in charge. It's been scary and morale is really low. I dread coming here most days. :ThumbsDown:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I wish I had a job but can not find one.
I had worked for the same place for over 15 years before we moved here.
I have not found a job here though but I have been trying for over 2 years.
When Iworked I would go straight to my cats when I got home.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sydkat, your workplace sounds just like mine...we are doing the same amount of work with about a third as many people and a completely different group in charge. It's been scary and morale is really low. I dread coming here most days. :ThumbsDown:

Yeah, I can relate to the scary vibe and low morale at work...it's like that here, too. And it doesn't look like it's going to get any better here any time soon. :Sweat: Thank God for our little sphynx and furry kitty cats who are always there for us no matter what!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I wish I had a job but can not find one.
I had worked for the same place for over 15 years before we moved here.
I have not found a job here though but I have been trying for over 2 years.
When Iworked I would go straight to my cats when I got home.

Wow, M2M, that's a real bummer that you can't find a job. I bet that has to be stressful. :Sweat: What field did you work in when you were employed? Sounds like the economy and job market in CA is worse than it is in CO.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I was a operations mgr in the food business.
The unemployment rate in my county is the highest in the country.
They always hire kids instead of people my age.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I was a operations mgr in the food business.
The unemployment rate in my county is the highest in the country.
They always hire kids instead of people my age.

Geez, I would think that there'll always be work in the food industry, but I'm sure those companies have had to cut back just like everybody else. I've heard that the economy in CA is really dismal right now. I work with a couple of people who used to live in CA and they both said that they will NEVER go back there! :ThumbsDown:

Yeah, they like to hire the kids so they can get away with paying them less, rather than having to pay an experienced person what they're worth. :Angry:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It's hard for me to be at work when Meecho is at home too. The worst is when it gets to be about 30 minutes till and I just get excited about seeing her again that I just start to smile and then I get the weird looks because people think I'm nuts:LOL:

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It's so relaxing to come home, plop down on the couch and be smothered with kitties. Our Stella and Izzy are such sweethearts and they know how to make our day better. Being home with our cats is 849,082,390,434,823,943 times better than being at work. Don't get me wrong, I'm very thankful to have a job. . . I just wish the job included attending to the cats 24/7. :p

I wish you lots of luck with finding a job, Mews2much

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm with all of you. I always miss my babies when I'm at work. When I get about 3 blocks from home, I get a little happy feeling that I'm gonna get to see them soon and knowing the stress of the day will melt away as soon as I hear that little Mew through the back door! :BigSmile:

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I would rather be home, but their is no feeling alive that can compare to the joy I feel when I open that door and the 5 of them pounce on me with purrs, kisses and cuddles..So much love from such little angels..

myspecialboy

Lairian
I'm back at work after having 4 days off in a row (the longest time I've had off in months!) and I already miss Chadwick! We had a lot of make-up cuddles from all the days I've been working lately. I'd love to be back with him right now!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I feel this way every SINGLE day! I've only been at work 2.5 hours and I've already thought about Soph at least 20 times.

I call home to get reports on what she is doing if someone is home with her!

My work is the same way morale wise. Layoffs are always around Thanksgiving every year. Its such a damper on the holidays.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My work is the same way morale wise. Layoffs are always around Thanksgiving every year. Its such a damper on the holidays.

Wow, what a way to ruin somebody's holiday.:Cry: My workplace waited at least until January to lay people off.

The good thing about my job is that oftentimes I work out of the office, so whenever I'm working near my neighborhood, I can go home for lunch to spend a little snuggle time with the babies. :BigSmile:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hate leaving the cats when I have to go to work! I always get 'that look' as I'm about to go out the door. I was late leaving work the other day and didn't get home untill 10.10pm (I'm supposed to finish at 9pm). Luckily I live across the road to the hospital which is where i work so i can get home fast. I quite often pop home to see them on my breaks though! I love spending the day at home in the warm with the cats when I don't have to be at work.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hate leaving the cats when I have to go to work! I always get 'that look' as I'm about to go out the door. I was late leaving work the other day and didn't get home untill 10.10pm (I'm supposed to finish at 9pm). Luckily I live across the road to the hospital which is where i work so i can get home fast. I quite often pop home to see them on my breaks though! I love spending the day at home in the warm with the cats when I don't have to be at work.

Me too - now you've got me thinking about snuggling with Sophie. There's nothing better! Sphynx are so good at it.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Me too - now you've got me thinking about snuggling with Sophie. There's nothing better! Sphynx are so good at it.

I love it when Mo is really sleepy and cuddly. He spends a lot of time under the heater though lately in his bed with his new blanket!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love it when Mo is really sleepy and cuddly. He spends a lot of time under the heater though lately in his bed with his new blanket!

Oh me too. I feel bad but I can't help it when I purposely wake her up so she is all super cuddly. Like when I get home and she is up in my bed- I go lift the covers and she's all squinty and tired. Or when I wake up in the morning and she isn't ready to get up yet and I wake her with my snuggling. I figure she has all day to sleep and I'm going to work!

myspecialboy

Lairian

Chadwick's look is heartbreaking! It looks like "Mama? Why do you have to leave me? Will you ever come back? You don't love me anymore?" Breaks my heart every time I leave for work, but I always tell him that Mama's gotta pay them bills! I ask him if he likes to eat catfood and have heat in the house! Of course, he doesn't get it. If I could be a nurse without leaving home, I'd do it, but that technology hasn't been thought up yet...

Stay home with me!!!!

I can't imagine any other place I would rather be then home with Luna. No matter how bad my nights can be (and working in the hospital they get bad). Things always get better when I walk through the door and see her. My husband has gotten used to waiting for me to greet him since her greeting always comes first. Took him awhile to grasp the fact that SOMETIMES I'm more thrilled about seeing her then seeing him. :Exclamation:

Brooke

Banned
Chadwick's look is heartbreaking! It looks like "Mama? Why do you have to leave me? Will you ever come back? You don't love me anymore?" Breaks my heart every time I leave for work, but I always tell him that Mama's gotta pay them bills!

hehehe...imagine getting that exact same look from 4 of them! It takes everything I've got to leave the house in the morning with 8 sad eyeballs staring up at me...:Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad:

Back